Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Organization of PSAPBTABD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to re-organize all the tables of tablespace PSAPBTABD

Currently size of PSAPBTABD is 225GB.

SAP version is 4.6C on AIX and oracle 8i.

I want to do this activity offline.

Can anyone suggest approximate downtime?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patel

You will surely have to do this offline, online is not available in Oracle 8i.

I suppose you are not using brand new hardware since the SAP version is also abit older.

It all depends on which hardware you have available to do this. How many CPU's, memory etc.

I don't think you will easily find reference times because of all the differences in hardware out there.

I would suggest you do this when the system can be offline for hours (not during a lunch break). Perhaps even on a weekend day to be sure it does not run to long.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

AS per SAP reply We need to reorganize 1 index and 1 table only.

So problem of more downtime is solved.

Thanks you all for your valuable suggestions...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Payal,

One more thing i want to suggest u is :

Have u enable the Analyze u r table and index also rebuild the index on saturday or sunday night...when u r work load is low on system....if not then pelase specify from db12 so that there is no such type of sapce problem in future...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Payal,

Estimating the downtime benchmark is really a tough one. Even if you have your own statistics from the previous reorgs, it will be diffucult to estimate. It differs from situation to situation and the capacity of the hardware.

You can`t do the reorg of PSAPBTABD in one shot in a single day. instead, I would recommend the following method,

1. Choose Sundays to perform a reorg if your business can afford downtime on weekends.

2. Instead of performing reorg on all the tables in one shot,it make sense to select the top 20 highly populated tables in PSAPBTABD according to its size.

3. Based on the size you can first reorg the top 3 tables. Now you will get a benchmark to estimate based on your hardware and load. Try seperating the remaining tables according to its size and perform the reorg in seperate cycles.

Trust this will give some idea to your situation.

Let me know if you have any query.

regards,

VInodh.