cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space on C Drive on NW04 for C:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

On our DEV &QA NW04 XI servers, we are running out of space on the C: drive, when I looked at the directory sizes, the C:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global directory was using about 4GB of space, when I looked in the directory, there were about 500 files in there with the names :

BC_BC_XMB_<DATE>_*_0.ARCHIVE

WF_LOG_000000000***_000

The BC_BC_XMB_*.ARCHIVE files are using about 3GB of space, I'm more used to ABAP systems and have never seen this type of file in the GLOBAL directory, can I relocate/delete these files safely? as they are taking using about a third of the C drive, what are they ?

It is the same on our DEV & QA XI servers, I do not see the BC_BC_XMB_*.ARCHIVE on our ECC 5 or NW04 BW installations, so I'm guessing they are XI related?

We are running NW04 on WIndows 2003/SQL 2000.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

regarding the WF_LOG**** files, try check if the "internal trace" in transaction SCOT is activated.

TR SCOT => Utilities => trace => internal trace.

(Switch off all tracing if not needed).

Afterwards you can delete unneeded trace files with transaction SWU10...

Regarding the BC_BC_XMB*** files, you are right, that they may come from the XI archiving of XML messages. If archiving is switched on for XI messages, have you also switched on deletion ?

But maybe you could get a better answer in the XI forum on this...

Regards

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rolf.

I will ask in the XI forum about the BC* files, interestingly they do not exist in the Production GLOBAL directory, so I'm guessing its something that has been switched off in Prod but overlooked in DEV & QA, but its generating about 200 MB of files daily !

Paul.

Answers (0)