cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical System and Business System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can body define what is Technical system and Business system.

Regards,

Prem.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Technical systems are the physical systems in ur landscape. these can be systems like SRM, CRM server.

Business Systems are the logical systems that act as sender and receiver in ur scenario.

For a technical system u can define as many business systems as the number of clients. these can be SAP or third party systems.

hope it helps.

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prem

<u><i><b>Business system</b></i></u>

Business System is a logical rep of a Technical System. Technical system can be a physical machine, it have a IP. Can be a ERP, J2EE etc. A Business System is a logical term that we use into the Business Scenarios and represent these Technical System that we had created

<u><i><b>Technical system</b></i></u>

Basically Technical system is a physical system. That means a machine with certain machine mane. While on the other hand a business system is a virtual system which resides on technical system. So there is possibility that there can be more than one business system working on single technical system to make proper utilization of resources. Even though they a on same physical system there is no interference among them.

Cheers..

Vasu

<u><i><b>** Reward Points if found useful **</b></i></u>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Technical systems are physical systems represents host of the physical systems in u r landscape. (where u need provide host, IP and SID)

Business systems are nothing but logical systems, integration scenario's in XI will be implemented between Business systems. u can define any no of business sytems for a technical sustem. in SAP or any ERP systems u need to create a seperate business system for each client.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prem

in terms of R3

technical system is the server

business system is a client

you can find more about those two in:

Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI

how to register R3 technical system - have a look at my blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/10/registering-a-new-technical-system-in-sld--abap-based

Regards,

michal

message edited by

kish