cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating "Z" transaction as a copy of standard transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My client wants to create Z transaction basing on BBP_AUCTION transaction and pass customer parameters to it as a initial parameter.

Example: ZBBP_AUCTION with initial header description and auction rules filled.

Is there any sdandard solution?

Regards,

Harry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use transaction variant (transaction SHD0) but I don't know if this fullfill your requirement.

Other way is to extend standard transaction. in transaction se80 type program SAPLBBP_BID_INV (transaction BBP_AUCTION belongs to this program) and open transactions node. Right click on BBP_AUCTION transaction and copy it to a new name.

You must remember that, the new transaction will be not work if you don't extend standard initial procedures. Please look at screen 1010 and module INITIALIZE.

You will see couple of performs with sy-tcode field. Your new transaction will not be used in this code and you must extend it.

Please careful.

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for your answer.

I was trying to create ZBBP_AUCTION and activate it, but when I run this transaction I get the short dump.

Any idea?

Regards,

Harry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I told, you have to extend standard SAP modules when you decide to go this way.

please look at module INITIALIZE on screen 1010 and perform:

- perform get_object_type ( you have IF statement with sy-tcode )

next look at module SEARCH_SCREEN_PREPARE on the same 1010 screen:

- perform search_screen_prepare (you have IF statement with gcs_tcode and iv_transaction)

Regards,

Marcin

Answers (0)