cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qos: Quality of Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I know SAP XI supports 3 QoS types: Best Effort , Exactly Once, Exactly Once in order.

What is the difference between the 3, and how to determin when toy use what in context of various adapters.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Hi,

>

> As I know SAP XI supports 3 QoS types: Best Effort ,

> Exactly Once, Exactly Once in order.

>

Best Effort --> Used for Synchronous Calls.

EO and EOIO --> Asynchronous Calls.

EOIO --> Asynchronous with Sequential Processing Guranteed.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

But i Still have one Doubt. In case oF EOIO which is like FIFO ( queue processing ) a user is allowed to set in a Queue name.

Do we need to create such queues in the SAP systems and then use them, or any random unique name would be sufficient. Do we have to specify any unique Configuration related to each of such queues.

Thanks,

Abhishek

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use any name that you want.

In the runtime a Queue with that Name is created by XI.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Be is used for the Synchronous calls , EO and EOIO are used for the asynchronous calls.

By using QOS as EOIO, one can create the user defined queues.

Regards

kiran kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

Mostly for synchronous messages we use BE and for asynchronous we EO and EOIO.

Check this help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/41/b714fe5ffc11d5b3ea0050da403d6a/frameset.htm

---Satish

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Abhishek

Quality of Service means which kind of service sender wants to associate with the message. The sender has to mention whether the message should received to receiver exactly once or EO but in specified order or in Best Effort. Accordingly XI puts those messages in queueand XI executes them as instructed in Sender Adapter.

<u>Difference</u>

The QoS is based on queues and the settings can be found in the sender adapter configuration, under "Processing Parameters".

For EOIO, during configuration, you can give a unique queue name of your own. For EO, XI will used one of its own queues.

FIFO can be done using EOIO (Exactly Once In Order).

Cheers..

Vasu

<i>** Reward Points if found useful **</i>