cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

predefine functions and user define functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

where we can find predefine functions .. and how to create user define functions ..

thanks in advance.

jp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi JP,

just go thru this. it clarifies ur doubt with screenshots.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8a57d190-0201-0010-9e87-d8f327e1...

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you are talking about the predefined/user defined functions in message mapping if I m not wrong.

You can see the predefined functions if you start the message mapping and create a new messafe mapping. In that you can check for the predefined functions in the tag "All functions".I think once u go for new message mapping, you will find that easily.

For UDF, you can create your own user defined functions in message mapping also.On the left bottom, u ll find a button to create UDF. Go into the same and then u can name it as well as declare the arguments.

I think I have answered your question. In case of any furhter doubts on this, you are welcome.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP,

Check this SAP Help for all predefined functions:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/c4cdfc334824478090739c04c4a249/content.htm

UDF you will create depending upon your requirements. Check this weblogs for some UDF:

/people/dennys.hsieh/blog/2006/11/20/how-to-parse-xxyyzzaabbcc112233-in-message-mapping

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

>>where we can find predefine functions

Open Message Mapping in IR.Right click create MM and see the buttom one drop down box select any of them and beside the the predefine functions are defined.

>>how to create user define functions

left corner of the buttom one create icon is there.Just click it and write your java code.

Cheers!

Samarjit

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello JP,

Try to open XI Mapping editor and check the contents over there. The functions already existing are pre-defined functions, the one which you create by clicking create UDF is UDF.

I doesn't know how to explain better than this....

Best regards,

raj.