cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about proxys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends ,

i hope u r doing well ... actually i want to know some points ..

1. what is client proxy.

2. details about proxies like how to set proxies etc.

thanks in advance.

jp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

First let me tell u wat r proxies and when it came into picture.

before RFC's are used to communicate with XI.

But after Web Apps 6.2 Proxies are used to communicate.

two types of proxies are available

1.client proxy/outbound proxy

2.server proxy/inbound proxy

suppose u want to sent a article no from R/3 system to some legacy system via SAP-XI.then u will go for a client proxy.

Thanks

Biplab

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI JP

1 . basicly client & server are just diffrent terminology for sender and reciever (client being the sender and server the reciever), proxies are basicly program that begin in one SAP system and continue running at nother SAP system (with control ultimatly return to the original system).

it's a good way to create your own application "envelope" to activate any code you want and that is both its strong point and weak point (maintanance and flexability),

2. when ur sender is either ABAP or Java proxy,its called as clinet proxy and when ur receiver is either ABAP or java proxy,its called as server proxy.

one basic condition to use ABAP proxies are that ur WAS>=6.4,proxies are adapterless communications and a lot of times are considered to give better performance that adapters

Also check the blogs for reference

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies - ABAP Server Proxy

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy - ABAP Client Proxy

Cheers..

Vasu

<i>** Reward Points if found useful **</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP,

Whenever you send data from SAP to XI then we call it as Client Proxy. If it is other way round then it is a server proxy.

If you want to send the data from R3 to XI then you have to do some settings. Check this weblog for this settings:

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jp

go thru these links....

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies (activate proxy)

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

/people/rashmi.ramalingam2/blog/2005/06/25/an-illustration-of-java-server-proxy (java proxy - 1)

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/27/asynchronous-inbound-java-proxy (java proxy -2)

regards,

Ravi.