cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Call Tap Strips rolebased??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to everyone.

I want to build a web dynpro application with tab strips. Some tabs should have a connection to different roles in the portal that you can see the tab in this application only if you have the assigned role in the portal. How can I realize that? I there perhaps existing a how-to guide or a tutorial?

Regards,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I presume you would like to control the WebDynpro application using the Roles in the portal. What you need to use is make use of Actions.

This is quite a lengthy process. But there is a elaborate document as to how you can maintain actions with respect to a role.

Refer to this link. This will help you configuring things in a proper way. Moreover its a recommended way of doing authorizations at the WebDynpro level from the portal.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/webdynpro/au... in web dynpro.pdf

Hope that helps. In case you still have a problem then do let me know.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

yes, you are right, that is exactly what I am searching about. I will check this document later on.

Thanks,

Frank

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can find the jar file in the path

drive:\Program Files\SAP\JDT\eclipse\plugins\com.sap.security\lib

com.sap.security.api.jar.

To get the user

IWDClientUser wdUser = WDClientUser.getCurrentUser();

IUser user = wdUser.getSAPUser();

if (user != null) { IUserAccount[] acct = user.getUserAccounts();

if(acct[0] != null)

{

strUserid = acct[0].getLogonUid();

}

}

strUserid will give the userID.

Try acct[0].getRoles().This might give u the roles.

I am not very sure if u would be able to retrieve roles like that,

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you add the security.jar you can access the UME. Then you can probably change the tab strip visibility respectively.

Regards

Noufal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer. But can you tell me more explizit where I can find this file? And where must I add it to?

Regards,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

project->properties->java build path->library->add variable->wdruntime->extend->com.sap.security->lib->com.sap.security.api.jar

add it ->order and export