cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variants with DP-BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I use DP-BOM for planning with variants? I mean I have a product that can have about 5 variants. Can I use DP-BOM for planning? DP-BOM is only dealing with PPM, which cannot handle variants. So, the next option is CBF. But the amount of work required from R/3 side increases a lot in CBF when compared with the DP-BOM.

Any suggestions on this please?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you have variants then CBF is the way to go....

but "It is not possible to use PPMs in a CBF process. PPMs do not contain the information linking characteristic values to components"

what functionality are you trying to execute - only DP?

you can try to create CBF masterdata in APO itself without getting it from ERP (if you really dont need the integration real time)

create CBF tables manually in Master Data --> Application-Specific Master Data --> Demand Planning > Configured Products> Maintain Master Data for CBF.

there will be issues of how you can update history though

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think CBF if the way to go for me. I have variants and PDS is the one that handles. I have this scenario of a product having few variants that need to be planned. The client owns the technology and have the contractors manufacture the products. Is this a case of sub contracting?

I think it's also not a good idea to create the master data in APO. I have to see how it works.

Thanks for the reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think it would be a Subcontracting scenario in the Demand Planning level.

In the PPDS level it might be- Depending on whether the client supplies components for manufacturing, how the invoicing is done and the raw materials are procured and how the delivery of the goods happen.

there are various kinds of technical settings for subcontracting too

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/f7/626f39ff1ee32ce10000000a114084/content.htm

The definition of subcontracting is "Subcontracting involves the procurement of a product from a supplier (the subcontractor) to whom the procuring entity provides components for the purpose. "

0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

DP-BOM cannot handle variants. If you have variants you cannot use DP-BOM functionality.

As for CBF - I can not comment since I have not worked on it.

Thanks,

Somnath