Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Optimiser with Discretization

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

Implementing the SNP Optimiser with Discretization tick for capturing the fixed consumption ( set up time ) from the SNP PPM . Facing the following issues :

(a) Set up time not being captured in the SNP Planned Orders .

(b) Overload on some of the resources . Some resources have set up matrix assigned .

Done the following settings in the SNP optimizer profile :

(a) Production Capacity tick to constrain the capacity .

(b) Cross period lot sizing tick done .

(c) Fixed and Material Consumption --- 365 days .

(d) Bucket Profile in the Planning Book is Days .

Is there any missing not done in the profile , resource or PPM . Do we need a discretization tick in the PPM .

This is really urgent as we are in the integration testing phase and not getting the optimized results .

Also want to know the balance to strike for no delay penalty cost and production cost . Incidentally put Re1 in the PPM to effect a production cost . How does the optimizer calculate the production cost from the PPM .

The scenario calls for fixing priority based on market segments and we need to assign no delivery accordingly .

Request immediate support .

Thanks and Regards ,

Prashant Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will certainly need the Discretization indicator checked in the PPM, else the Optimizer will ignore this PPM for discrete runs.

former_member1230066
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ian ,

Do I need to have discretization tick in each PPM down the BOM Level .

I also need advice on the bucket profile adopted , I selected days bucket profile in the planning book and fixed and material consumption in optimiser profile of 365 Days so that the SNP Planned Orders are daily orders with set up calculation , infact I want to smoothly transition these SNP Optimiser PLanned Orders daily basis to PPDS ( I want to optimise the planning for say 90 days in SNP ) leaving PPDS to just convert the SNP PLanned Orders to PPDS PLanned Orders and then do scheduling .

Best Regards ,

Prashant Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need the tick set for each PPM you want to include in optimisation, so the answer will depend on your requirements. For example, do you just need to optimise the production of your finished goods and then run heuristics or linear optimisation to plan in the raw materials supply? (then just need it at the top level) If you want to plan the sub-component manufacture on an optimal basis as well then the tick will need to be at this level too.

WARNING: The more PPM's you include in the optimisation run, the longer the solution will take, if indeed it can find a suitable solution. The Discrete optmiser is very processor intensive and as simple as solution as possible is best.

Do you need the SNP orders in daily buckets that far out? Is it not best to run for a year, but set the buckets to the first three months in days then in weeks after that. This will enable the daily quantities to be generated for conversion to PP/DS but leave less orders created after this period to enable your longer term materials and resource planning to take place.

Also, if you are only creating PP/DS orders for the first 90 days it may be an idea to set the discretation horizon to 90 days (or possibly slightly more) and run linear optimisation after this point to improve performance.

Hope that helps

Regards

Ian

Answers (0)