cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pl give me some starters material for EDI. might just help to know where we have to the SD customizing for the same.

sadhu.kishore@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sent mail

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

little late to award points, but i really appreciate all of yours.

nisha and akhmal, sorry for giving only two points... i can only give 26 and 110 and all two's.. thanks a lot.

best regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sent mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sadhu,

concerning EDI concept in SD: the EDI concept is intended to realize the sales and distribution process completely automatically with the help of electronical documents. These documents are sent from one customer to another, are processed mostly on the background and give a possibility to realize the sales process extremely efficiently.

If MM-customer would like to purchase the goods then he creates the IDOC of type ORDERS and send it to SD-customer. On the SD-side the IDOC is processed via the function module IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS and creates the sales order. As confirmation the SD-side can send to MM-side the Order-Response IDOC (function IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDERS). The MM-customer can every thime send a change to the existiong order, then on SD side the ORDCHG IDOC will be processed. It can change the order like in VA02. The creation of the invoice can be made via IDOC of message type INVOIC (function IDOC_OUTPUT_INVOIC).

So, the process can be realized completely automatically between SD and MM partners with the help of IDOCs: ORDERS, ORDCHG, ORDRSP, INVOIC.

That's all concerning the SD-EDI.

Additional processes in SD, where EDI are used:

1) application of delivery schedules to the scheduling agreement: IDOC of type DELINS

2) creation of a delivery order to the scheduling agreement: IDOC of type DELORD

3) creation of external agent service delivery to scheduling agreement: IDOC of type EDLNOT

4) creation of credit advice / credit memo in the frames of self-billing: IDOCs of type GSVERF, SBWAP and for external invoice creation SBINV.

It is all processes which are realized in the SD module via EDI.

There is not so much Customizing for EDI. The most entries are required by EDI for the scheduling agreement processing (DELINS, EDLNOT, SBINV). The Customizing of these processes is located in the Customizing of scheduling agreements: SPRO => Sales and Distribution => Sales => Sales Documents => Scheduling agreements with delivery schedules => Control EDI Inbound processing.

General EDI Customizing in SD is available under: SPRO => Sales and Distribution => Electronic Data Interchange => EDI messages => ...

I hope this info helps.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support SAP, Walldorf/Germany

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sadhu,

In transaction NACE :Check Applications V1,V2,V3, Craete Condition records, and check the output types ,procedure here

Create partner profiles and Ports and enter the relevant mesaage type(Inbound /outbound ) in partner profile.

in relevant application the relevant o/p type will trigger itself if all the customizing is set.

Go through this link.

1.Go to PDF Index and get the material there.<a href="http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/Data/htm/english.htm">IDoc</a>

2.<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/af/1210377eff2e7ae10000009b38f889/frameset.htm">SD-EDI LINK</a>

Regards,

Nisha

@award pts if useful.

null

madhan_narlapuram
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ,

sent to your email .. plzz check .. it will give u good idea abt edi idocs

thanks

madhan

reward if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

can you pls send the EDI core concepts material to venki_nag2003@yahoo.co.in

Thanks in advance

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi madan

can you please send the documents on edi to this mail id as it is very much useful for me

sharath.laddu@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please send me also the matetial for EDI to the below E-mail id

muralimohansap@yahoo.com

Thank you

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please send me the edi material to sarika.potluri@gmail.com

Thanks

Potluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why implement EDI?

Improves data accuracy: You can eliminate the need to re-enter data from paper documents and thus prevent potential data entry errors. It is estimated to be one-tenth the cost of handling its paper equivalent.

Reduces technical complexity: With EDI, companies use standardized data formats to exchange documents. EDI allows companies using different systems to achieve computer-to-computer electronic exchange of business documents.

Lowers personnel needs: EDI can help companies reduce the need for personnel involved in paper business transaction processing.

Accelerates information exchange: The lead time between start and completion of order processing is greatly reduced. By timeous scheduling companies can plan production more accurately and thus reduce stock inventories.

Basically you need to concentrate on how to configure/set up idocs...

get familiarized with we02 we41 we42 we81 we20 we19 transactions

go thru user menu WEDI

then how to trigger an idoc using the output

Regards,

Rajesh Banka