cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usr/sap/SID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All...

For the file system /usr/sap/SID in one of our Production Systems ..I have reset the trace files ..checked for the core file in work directory and its already linked to dev/null ..deleted the statfile from ST03 ... and still the used space is not coming down below the threshhold limit...

I see Pagefile under /usr/sap/SID/D*/data... and i assume its a binary file coz i cannot vi that file... Jus wanted to check can something be done about this Huge Pagefile????

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed,

IBM AOD.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the system is still running the OS has the filehandle still pointing to that file, you may not "see" the file, but it´s not deleted because the handle is still existing. You should restart your instance and see if you will get more space as soon as the instance is stopped.

--

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

on HP-UX, if disk is filled at 100%, it has a hard time coming down to a good value.

here's the trick I have on HP-UX:, instead of deleting on big file, reset it to a zero file size such as:

echo >core

This way, the file remains, it is zero size and HP-UX manages the freespace properly.

This trick may work on other Unix, but not Solaris.