cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fi. Year Variant in Stor. Bucket Profile Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding the Storage Bucket Profile, when maintaining the periodicity, do any of you have experience in what PostPeriod and Fi. Year Variant will do for you? I am not familiar with them.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

There was a similar post sometime back.

Please see the following link

Regards

Kumar Ayyagari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kumar, but that post didn't really answer my questions. I would like to know the definition of what it means to check mark "PostPeriod" in the storage bucket profile. And what does using a Fi. Year Variant do? I know you define that in SPRO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can choose to select PostPeriod and define the custom period using a Fiscal Year Variant.

For more information, look at this

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Storage bucket profiles allow you to save youor DP time series data in buckets.

these could be days, weeks , months and/or years. The data is stored in the bucket with the lowest granularity.

Now these are all in Calendar units. Calendar months, calendar weeks etc. But businesses sometimes plan by a different unit of time - Posting Periods.

(for example a posting period is months with 4,4,4,5,4,4,4,4,5,4,4,4, 5 weeks) or they could be from 15th of a month to 15th of the next month.

in order to model this you need posting periods and this is attached to a fiscal year variant. the Post(ing) period check box just indicates that a fiscal year will be used and you get to enter the FYV that you created in SPRO.

check this post as well

there is some general info of a scenario in the discussion below

Answers (0)