Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is NWDI required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Thanks for reading.

Could anyone please confirm if NWDI is the only way to modify ESS/MSS WebDynpro Iviews?? ESS BP 1.0 running on EP 7.0. Tied to ERP 2005 System.

Is there a Note or document from SAP that confirms this??

Thanks a lot guys.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have send some docs..Hope that will be useful for u..

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

We are also in kind of stage to decide on things as how to? Really appreciate if you could send me the docs to praveentalks@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great!! Appreciate your help.

Thank you Krishnagopal. I've seen the document you sent. Is it a pdf that you prepared for yourself? so kind. It's really useful.

I've been reading concepts of NWDI and it has "check-in", "check-out", workspaces on DTR and releasing the activities concepts. Did u happen to have a document similar to what you sent me earlier so I have a full blown documentation from someone who experienced NWDI??

Thanks a bunch!!

Regards,

R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Could you please share the documents u got from Krishna ? Please snd me to @ sapportal@yahoo.com. I am in need of that .

Thanks,

Priyabrata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Could you please send me the same doc to sapportal@yahoo.com.

I am in need of the same docs. Please send it to me.

Thanks,

Priyabrata

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In ERP 2004 solution, SAP delivered the new ESS Solution that is WebDynpro based. To give all the ESS applications (including ESS country version services) similar UI they came up with a framework and called it FPM Framework.

FPM - The floorplan manager (FPM) is the central part of the XSS Business Package(along which its provided). It can be said to be the base of all self sevices. Any WebDynpro application that implements FPM is known as FPM Application. So all the ESS Applications in ERP 2004 are FPM applications.

FPM provdes 4 basic interfaces that are implemented by the Self Services WebDynpro Applications,

1) IVAC (for the Visual Application Component - Vc)

2) IBLC (for the Business Logic Component - Fc)

3) IXssAppConf ( for the Configuration Component - Cc)

4) IFPM (It gives the self service application access to the FPM and its utility classes)

All these above interfaces are provided with FPM Development Component xssfpm. Apart from this there are some other central components that are used by many ESS application which are provided in xssutils DC.

All the ESS WebDynpro application use the above two components in the Used DC section of their dc.

If you want to modify any ESS Application, you need to have the source code of these XSS DC's as well in your Design Time, else it will give you build errors.

For this you need to have a JDI setup since the ESS and XSS are provided in two different tracks of DTR.

As far as I know because of the used dependency of ESS Applications, using JDI is the best (and only) option to modify the ESS WebDynpro Applications.

And then implementing the JDI, helps in version management plus lot of other advantages which you can find in SAP Help.

Hope this answers ur question

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishnagopal,

Thanks a lot for a detail explanation there. I just needed a note or document from SAP, confirming NWDI is the only go. Thanks for sharing your experience. Looks like it's the only allowed(without side effects) solution to modify the screens.

Would you happen to have a document that kinda explains how-to change a ESS application using the FPM ?? Please share any docs that might help solve my problem.

Thanks a bunch!

zoom2me@gmail.com?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I don't think the document says this explicitly, but the standard documentation is attached to note 872892 "JDI/NWDI Cookbook for ESS/XSS".

Regards,

Marc