cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Support Portlet Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

Do we create portlet with SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio SAP. NetWeaver Application Server, Java(TM) EE 5 Edition support or it does not support Portled development.

Is there any portlet plug-in for NWDS to develop portlet.

Thank You

Syed Saifuddin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP NWDS is based on Eclipse and WTP projects. It also adds support for Java EE 5 projects development. Since portlets are not part of the Java EE platform currently, there is no <b>explicit</b> support for portlet development. What you can utilize is the code assist in writing your portlet.xml inside the XML Editor (you should add the portlet-app.xsd to the XML Catalog first).

HTH!

-Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir Pavlov .

Thanks for your reply. But Really I find myself new in NetWeaver Portal. So Please If u help me in starting my work is really appreciated.

Please if you give me a sample code of Hello World Portlet and tell me How I can Add it to EP6. I am really appreciate this work.

BACK GROUND:::My company assign me a task to make our company site in EP.

Thank You

Best Regards

Syed Saifuddin

0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

From your post I can understand that you want to use standard portlets in EP6. Unfortunately this is not supported in NetWeaver 04s which you are probably using because of EP6.

These portlets, that are compliant with JSR168, are supported in the next release – NetWeaver CE 7.1 (JEE 5) and the portal that will be shipped with it.

However how to write a Hello World portlet you can learn from the following article: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/14b5d01e-0e01-0010-24aa-f12ee594...

Regards,

Diyan

Answers (0)