cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using external libraries with Developer Studio 7.1 Composition Environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I downloaded DS 7.1 CE and tried to develop a simple application which uses an external library.

I created a development component for "external library" for the local development -> MyComponent, giving it the name "test2" (for the domain basis).

I imported the external library file using Import -> File System , then selecting the .jar file.

In the component properties browser I added a public part naming it "mylib2" setting the purpose to "ASSEMBLY" (my intention was that the libarry will be transferred during the deployment to the application server).

I right clicked on the public part to "managed entities". I selected the archive tree and checked the library file shown there (the one I imported before). #

Then I opended component properties of my web dynpro project and clicked on "Dependencies". The I chose "Add..." and selected the "test2" development component I created before (see above).

Then I tried to deploy the project (which uses this external library) using "Deploy Archive and Run"

After deployment the browser window opens and shows the ClassNotFoundException

So what did I oversee or do wrong?

BTW: Is it necessary for using external libraries to use a full fletched NWDI? Or can I use external libs also with netweaver development environments freely available for download on sdn.sap.com?

Any hints?

Thanks a lot

Hannes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hannes,

If you want to use external libraries with DCs then you should follow the NWDI completely.

Check this step, otheways of using external libraries is mentioned <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e3/de813e77d46245e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">here.</a>

Regards

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have excactly the same problem with deployment of external libraries.

To deploy I'm using the context menu of the "Component Browser"-View on my DCs:

first <build>, than <deploy>.

After that the "Infrastructure Console"-View shows the message:

DC (external library) contains no archives for deployment.

any solution since then @Hannes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heckner,

With DS 2.0.14 I have used external libraries only adding to the class path the .jar file (just rigth click on DC->properties->Java Build path->Add external jars).

Hope it helps!