cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Support packs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While importing support packs, if the system is hang then what we can do?

Thanks,

Ashok.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

My experience related with this issue is that RDDGEN0L job begin cancel systematically meanwhile I was updating SPAM.

The log of RDDGEN0L refers to a file like this /usr/sap/trans/tmp/N

The solution is to delete such file and execute RDDNEWPP from client 000 with user DDIC.

Both times I've suffered this problem there were running transports (STMS) meanwhile I was updating SPAM.

Regards.

Enrique José Marcos

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the logs in the transport directory (/usr/sap/trans/log and /usr/sap/trans/tmp), sort them by date and check the latest ones. Also check if the system is still doing something (depending on your operating system).

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks...One more doubt, Is there any background jobs are running?

I found RDD* jobs are sheduled but they are not running.

Regards,

Ashok.

uta_hedemann
Participant
0 Kudos

RDDIMPP-Jobs are scheduled eventperiodically. When doing transports (and import of supportpackages are done via transports too), the events SAP_TRIGGER_RDDIMPDP are raised by the program "tp" => the corresponding jobs are started automatically.

Please check, if you have enough free background workprocesses (SM50 or SM66). You can change the priority of the RDDIMPDP-Jobs to "A" via SM37, if you have problems with other jobs running or change your operation modes to more batchprocesses.

During the import other jobs like RDDGEN0L, RDDEXECL(= execution of reports after put), RDDMNTAB, RDDVERSL (check versions) are scheduled automatically after RDDIMPDP*-jobs. So please check their priority too.

If the system hangs, you should also check systemlog (SM21) and your database log (logs full or tablespaces full ?)

Kind regards,

Uta