Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing SLDs via automatic forwarding

asif_rahmetulla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there good how-to guide that has steps on how to configure synchronzation between SLDs?

We are running NetWeaver 2004s system. I am looking at the SLD planning guide, but was wondering if someone has already address this in the past and have a good how-to guide.

Thanks,

Asif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can configure in solution manager ... I am sure exact path... You can find in transaction SMSY (system landscape directory in solution manager)

or

You can export import XML file from SLD to solution manager.

Regards

Ben

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

asif_rahmetulla
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all who provided assistance. I was able to find the setup information in the Post-Installation Guide for SLD NW 7.00

Thanks,

Asif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asif

There are many good guides available .As you said you already have NW04S system.Now if you want guides go to <b>\usr\sap\SID\SYS\global\sld\model\mdoc\1.4</b>. You will see so many good guides for SLD.

Reward suitable points

asif_rahmetulla
Participant
0 Kudos

The directory \usr\sap\SID\SYS\global\sld\model\mdoc\1.4 only contains uml diagrams. I was looking for how-to guides where it describes details steps to setup synchronization between two SLDs

Thanks,

Asif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since SAP only recommends one SLD, I doubt a document exists.

But I think it is a good idea to have fail over. Thisi s how we do it.

In fail over, manually configure to the second SLD. Next time it fails over, manually set it back up to the other SLD. Keeping both up to date with kernel upgrades and other patches is important here.

Switching Portal Servers between SLDs

1. Change in the Central Instance using Visual Admin:

a. Logon to Central Instance as SIDADM

b. Start Visual Admin

c. Go to Server -> Services -> SLD Data Supplier

d. Click on Runtime

e. Under HTTP Settings, enter the new host name for the SLD server, put the port number. Enter the username as SLDDSUSER and enter the password for the SLDDSUSER of the SLD Server. Then click on SAVE

f. Under ‘CIM Client Generation Settings’, enter the new host name for the SLD server, put the port number. Enter the username as SLDDSUSER and enter the password for the SLDDSUSER of the SLD Server. Then click on SAVE

g. Click on CIMClient Test. Test should be successful.

h. Then click on the icon on top to trigger the data transfer to SLD.

i. After the data transfer is successful, there should be a successful message.

2. Changing SLD Bridge at the ECC server:

a. Logon to the ECC system

b. Start transaction RZ70

c. Enter the new SLD server name under HOST

d. Enter the Gateway service under Service

e. Click on Proposal Icon, which is towards bottom of the right side.

f. Click on the Execute, which says “Start Data Collection and Job Scheduling”

3. Create all the JCO Destinations.

4. Change the RFC connection for any service using the SLD like LSO to the proper host and gateway.

asif_rahmetulla
Participant
0 Kudos

Gus,

Thanks for the details steps! The question is that I have two SLDs one in Production and one in Develpment system for solution manager. Currently, all my satellite systems are sending system specific data to DEV sld using SLD Data suppliers (RZ70 on ABAP side and SLD Data Supplier on Java side). I want the DEV sld then forward the changes to PRD sld.

Is it possible you can be contacted?

Thanks,

Asif

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not know if this is possible, and we do not do that. We manually recreate the Data Supplier on Production after we have tested it in Development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asif,

This scenario is definitely possible and supported as shown in the SLD Planning Guide. How you configure it depends on what data you want transferred between the SLDs. You can simply configure the SLD bridge or do an entire export/import. See Note 764393.

Best Regards,

Matt