cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning interchangeable products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a planning scenario where we have a BOM and it has variants. One of the products have components that could be interchanged with one another. So, if I am building a music system, 60% of the times, I can build it with 6 CD changer player and 40% of the times I have to use a DVD player instead of CD player. As per my requirement, I have to forecast for the CD and DVD players to be used in the music system.

How can I plan this scenario in DP?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

a few ways you can do this

change your PA so that the disaggregation KF(a) that you are planning (create a new one if you want to) can be based on another KF(b).

Populate the relevant selections (CVCs) of the KF(b) for 6CD with 60 and DVD with 40

Now if you have KF(a)= Total planned Music systems , it will automatically disaggregate the total to 60 - 40

you can use a separate PB for this to ensure all relevant CVCs are covered and only the necessary KF are included.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

another way of doing this

Check if you can use the realignment scenario again to do this

there is an option of using % when doing the realignment copy

so you can fix 60 -40 in this space

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you checked this link?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/50/58273e94009a0be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

if you are using Promotion planning, Cannibalization is a good concept close to this requirement