cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in external definition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am importing an external definition XSD message type. The problem is when we select the message for mapping in message mapping , it does not show its elements.( Infact the source has all the elements). Any help will be appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

regards

Vinod ahir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Could you sahre how the problem has been resolved.

I too faced the same problem while importing an XML and took around 2 hours to solve the problem.

Regards,

Sreenivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran into a similar problem importing my external xsds and I figured some things out that may be useful to future generations. I am not sure if it applies directly to your situation because I don't know what your schemas look like.

Here is my situation. I was trying to import a schema based PIP from RosettaNet. The entire schema is made up of 155 separate schema files. I will not put the schemas into the post, as they are freely available from www.rosettanet.org. Every time I tried to import one of these schemas, no messages would show up. I used a tool to validate the schemas, and the tool reported that they were indeed valid.

After several hours of messing around here is what I figured out. The schemas have very long namespaces in them. Here is one for example:

urn:rosettanet:specification:interchange:PurchaseOrderRequest:xsd:schema:01.00

XI only recognizes namespaces that are 60 characters or shorter for external definitions. I also discovered that if there is an underscore "_" in the namespace, it is also not recognized.

The solution that I came up with was to shorten up the namespaces and remove the underscore characters. It was painful, but allowed me to bring in the schemas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vindoh,

Did u try directly usign the XSD in your message mapping...? Did it give any error..?

anyhow can u send the xsd file to siva_maranani@satyam.com

Cheers,

Siva Maranani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try importing your XSD directly ( in ur message mapping) and see if u are able to see the required the message structure. If you are not able to see , then it is problem with the XSD.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,

siva Maranani.