cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different basic unit of measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working in a Global project.

We have some countries that must use the basic unit in KG and others countries that must use basic unit in Lb.

This information is material master data in Basic Date (MARA Table) and we have only one material code.

Is it possible we used different basic unit of measure.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot maintain two basic unit of measures for a single material. You will have to create alternate unit of measures.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Naveen.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gabriel,

unfortunately I have to inform you that you cannot use the different basic units of measure for the same material code in one system. It should be always only one basic unit of measure. Moreover, in SD it is obligatory that the smallest unit of measure should be the basic unit of measure (for example, you cannot have sales unit of measure smaller than the basic unit of measure; it can lead to inconsistencies).

I regret very much, but it is the system design of the standard system.

Nevertheless I hope that this information will help you a little bit further.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can several sales unit of measure depending on the sales org's and have a conversion factor with basic unit of measure.

Thanks

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok

My problem is not in sales unit of measure. My problem is in bais unit of measure.

Imagine that you have the same material in USA (that use the basic unit in Pound) and you have in Brasil (that use the basic unit in KG).

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand correctly you are interested in Sales unit. If that is the case, you can have sales unit of KG or LB according to your sales org. So, if you use the material under US sales org you will have LB as sales unit defaulted. And similarly for UK region, KG.

If you need to maintian the base unit, I am not sure how we can do dual entry ?