cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Basic doubt in mobile webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am new to this mobile application devlpoment. I know Web dynpro with java and EP. I am trying to develop mobile web dynpro application. Please any one tell me what are the softwares i need to develop this applications. I have some documents link:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/79/23c7410400c717e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/79/23c7410400c717e10000000a155106/frameset.htm</a>

But in this how to run mobile webdynpro application is not there.

Mobile webdynpro development is similar to normal web dynpro applications. I think no seprate software not need to develop these. For MI I think we need to install some software.

But now i am developing simple mobile web dynpro application.

Please any one help me how to develop mobile web dynpro applications and what the required softwares to develop.

Thanks,

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

You can use NWDS(Netweaver Developer Studio) to develop Mobile Webdynpro applications.

Please refer to these links

-- Mobile Web Dynpro :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7d/28fa3e7cb1d861e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

-- Creating Your First Web Dynpro Application :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7d/28fa3e7cb1d861e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

-- Advanced Tutorials on Webdynpro :

-- This will help you get a very clear picture on Webdynpro

/docs/DOC-8661#2 [original link is broken]

Hope this Helps

Best Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for fast reply.

What you gave that links i have and pasted in query.

But in this how to develop application is there. I need how to run mobile WebDynpro application and what are required to run this application. what you send three links are same. I need how to simulate the application.

I think u understood my problem........

Please help me.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I have personally never ran a Mobile WebDynPro application from a device other than my workbench (which has NWDS). But here is my understanding about how to do it:

1. You create an Mobile WebDynPro application in NWDS installed on your workbench and then deploy in your J2EE engine.

2. Once the application has been deployed in the J2EE engine, it can be accessed from any mobile with proper authorizations. Call it from the browser of your mobile using the URL (which is the normal procedure to call any webDynpro application).

3. You can use a URL parameter to force the rendering for a specific device type. To do so, add the following parameter to the URL for calling the Web Dynpro application:

· For Pocket PC: sap-wd-client=PieClient

· For BlackBerry Wireless Handheld: sap-wd-client=WmlClient

· For Nokia Series 80 devices: sap-wd-client=NokiaS80Client.

Following are the browsers used in the respective mobile devices:

For pocket PCs: The PIE client (Pocket Internet Explorer client), which is made up of a set of renderer classes and is responsible for data and event handling.

· For BlackBerry Wireless Handhelds: The WML client (Wireless Markup Language client), which is made up of a set of renderer classes and is responsible for data and event handling.

· for Nokia Series 80 devices (Nokia Communicator 9500 and 9300): The Nokia S80 Client, which is made up of a set of renderer classes and is responsible for data and event handling.

It is required that you are always connected to SAP WAS which is hosting the J2EE engine on which the application is deployed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rahul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sunil,

I have recently developed a Webdynpro application and tried it on the Mobile Simulator(Blackberry device simulator).Just for your help..Goto this link

[Removed by the moderator.]

and download Blackberry Device simulator any one version (say v4.0.2) and unzip the file on your desktop. Then also click on the link "Download the Blackberry email & MDS services simulator package" and download "BlackBerry JDE" as well as the" Blackberry Email and MDS services simulator" and run them on your system after installing them. Also you have to see that J2sdk 1.5 version is installed in your system or you can install this from the Sun site. Thats it. Once you have deployed your webdynpro application, copy the URL and then from your Desktop click on any models from your device simulator folder say 7780.bat..Go to Start>all programs> Research in motion and click on "blackberry email and MDS services simulator". And then paste your copied URL in the simulator browser and You are done!!

But there are some restriction while using the UI for the mobile devices as it does not support all the UIs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vikram..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram Singh ,

Can you Please send me some Mobile WebDynpro applications and let me know how to deploy in a step by step process..

Can you please help me on this.. i need it urgent..

[Removed by the moderator.]

Thanks,

kumarR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil!

I am not too sure if i understood your problem but hope it helps!

Once your webdynpro components are ready for deployment in your IDE you have to build the application to generate an EAR file . (Right click on your appli and click the tab build archive).

After that just right click and click the option "deploy and run".For this to be deployed on your WAS you should give the settings of the Message server you wish to deploy on in your NWDS.

A new browser window opens and you can see ur Webdynpro pages in it.

If you want to access the application on PDA just type the URL there in the PDA browser as it was mentioned clearly in the previous post for different browsers .

Hope it helps if not give some more details about your problem . I run some webdynpro components on PDA on windows pocket PC 2003.

Cheers

Mohan.