cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

503 Service Unavalable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am new to XI . When i click on Integration builder i am getting the Error '503 Service Unavailable' .

What are pre-softwares needs to install to Work on XI ?.

Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Error:</b> The error message 503 Service unavailable Application stopped! is displayed.

<b>Description</b>:The server is currently unable to handle the request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. The implication is that this is a temporary condition which will be alleviated after some delay. If known, the length of the delay MAY be indicated in a Retry-After header. If no Retry-After is given, the client SHOULD handle the response as it would for a 500 response.

Note: The existence of the 503 status code does not imply that a server must use it when becoming overloaded. Some servers may wish to simply refuse the connection.

<b>Possible Tips</b>: Because of J2EE application com.sap.aii.af.ms.app not active

• Try to (re)start the application using the Visual Administrator Choose Server --> Services --> Deploy --> View on Application or restart the J2EE engine

• The problem is that not all J2EE services can be started by the J2EE. i.e Start the Visual Administrator and select Server->Services->Deploy in the tree on the left. On the right-hand side, choose the Runtime tab page. You see a tree in the right window with all applications if you select the APPLICATION radio button. Check if they are running, otherwise choose Start. Usually the J2EE engine starts all services automatically.

• Refer SAP Note 803145,807000,791655

regards,

kanthi

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These are standard http return codes, 503 generally denotes an internal server error.

However you can specify what error you want based on what the user tried to do, this is easily customizable. It is also possible that some action done might have taken the application server down...this involves troubleshooting at a code layer if a deployed app caused the failure.

Now in your case you said you clicked on a link for the integration builder...This is to assume that u already have the pre-requisites installed, Check to make sure sap is up, then check internet connection manager status(tcode smicm), then start the visual administrator from the the j2ee install folder.

Also to access sap notes you need a service marketplace id.

Hope that helps..a bit atleast.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

The problem is that not all J2EE services can be started by the J2EE. Start the Visual Administrator and select Server --> Services --> Deploy in the tree on the left. On the right-hand side, select the Runtime tab page. If you select the APPLICATION radio button, you see a tree in the right window with all applications. Check if they are running, otherwise choose Start. Usually the J2EE Engine starts all services automatically.

---Satish