Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HI about CATT Scripts

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Thanks for every one who gave me the reponse to my previous thread. Now i can run both CATT and ECATT scripts.

But can any one clearly tell me the differences or advantages of ECATT scripts over CATT Scripts.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the link below,

[Removed by the moderator.]

and also docs from,

[Removed by the moderator.]

hope this helps.

-Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth,

I obsereved the follwing differences btw CATT and eCATT

1. By using CATT you can test transaction in R/3 system. Where as by using eCATT you can test SAPGUI for Windows and SAP GUI for Java (As it works with SAP Web Application Server 6.20)

2. In eCATT you can write any ABAP login you want, and you can also call RFC,BAPI in the script itself.

3. By using eCATT you can test the web interfaces as well

4. Using eCATT you can have the functionality of other testing tools in the market. like QTP.

5. eCATT provides an interface for external tools. This allows companies to perform automated tests from an SAP system in a complete IT solution landscape across system boundaries. These new options enable complete automation of solution landscapes under standard Windows and Web-based user interfaces- resulting in low-cost operation of an IT Solution.

i think we can consider the above all points as advanteages over CATT tool.

hope this helps. Rewars if it help.

-Manjula P

Former Member
0 Kudos

From a Security perspective, there are some things that CATT and LSMW cannot do, particularly when it comes to dialog message boxes that pop up during processing.

For instance, you cannot use CATT/LSMW to automate generation of PD profiles (OOSP) because the dialog menu on the left doesn't show up in TCD recordings. SAPGUI recordings will catch that, however.

I typically start off with eCATT TCD recordings and try to get whatever process I'm aiming for automated. If something goes awry and doesn't behave the way I want, then I move over to SAPGUI recordings, which always work exactly as I tell it to (since it's simulating my GUI). But, SAPGUI is much slower than TCD recordings. Things like user creation and role assignment should be done with TCD recordings.