cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build DC versus Build project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a Web Dynpro DC (managed by NWDI) in my developer studio.

I'm wondering what the precise difference is between building the DC and building the project. Do I ever need to build the project at all? When I want to do direct deployment from the developer studio (so not via the NWDI server), then which build should I use to create the archive?

Thanks,

Jeroen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jeroen

Build DC will build DC centrally, project rebuild is local build, it better to do a rebuild project before deploying onto server.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

not quite correct, you can also trigger a DC Build locally.

The project build should update error markers in editor views, but theoretically that should happen automatically in the background. The local DC build really creates local public part archives and deploy archives. There are some differences in the deploy archives created by the DC build and a "Create archive", but they should not be relevant for debugging or testing (different info in SAP_MANIFEST mainly.)

Regards,

Marc

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1)When you build DC - it will check for all dependent DCs and builds all dependent DCs. You will see a popup to check which DCs you want to build.

2)When you call Rebuild Project directly its local build of that DC only. It will use existing archieves of dependent DCs.

You can use either of the options, but if there is any change in dependent DCs then you shall use Building DC option.

Thanks

Abhilash