cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put a title text on each tab on a tab strip view?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to create the following View: The page will contain tab strips. Each tab strip will contain it's own tab strips. Something like "nested" tab strips.

I was able to do it by creating a tab strip view and at each tab entering new view with it's own tabs.

The proble is that this tab strip view doesn't have the option to write text in it's header, like the dynpro layout tabs. Is there any way to put a title on a tab strip View?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

What do you mean by gving header to the tab strip.You can give headers to tabs within each tabstrip you can give it in Tabs Header.If you want to give headers to the entire tabstrip use a text view element and change the design from standard to your choice. You can also use a group to contain the tabstrip like Armin said

Hope this helps you

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, from an ergonomic point of view, you should avoid nested tab strips.

Technically, you can nest as many tabstrips as you like. A TabStrip element contains 0..N Tab elements each of which has a content. This content may be an arbitrary UI element, e.g. a container like Group, or also another TabStrip element.

I do not know what you mean with the sentence "The proble is that this tab strip view doesn't have the option to write text in it's header, like the dynpro layout tabs."

If you need a container that provides a title, you can use the Group element.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK I got it.

By the way Armin why should I avoid nested tab strips?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Re-read Armin's message: key factor here is ergonomic, not technical difficulties. It is very inconvinient to use complex navigation structures -- just a feature of our eyes, nested tab strips eat a lot of screen estate. Overall you'll end up with clumsy picture where navigation controls / helpers (tab headers in this case) has bolder "weight" then real content (input fields) and commands (links & buttons).

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, that sounds logic...