Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP connection problem

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I configured the step 2 step guide scenario xmlfile2xmlfile with FTP File Adapter.

We had a newly installed XI integration server and we had adapter problems before - we couldn't assigning any adapters to the communication channel, but this problem is history! Now, after configuring the scenario i got java Nullpointer and java net socket exceptions in the CC monitoring in the RWB.

With any FTP client I can connect to my FTP location and I've placed the input file in the FTP root and set the path in the Fileadapter = /.

Further, if i look at the Adapter Monitoring in the RWB, the JPR status is red and all others are grey.

I tried also to check SXMB_MONI for more precise error description, but didn't found any message!

1. Are the Adapters especially the File Adapter not running?

2. How can I debugging my system?

Thanks in advance

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I was referring to "Data Connection" under FTP connection parameters, not connect mode.

Regards

Pushkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you check if you are using

port = 21

data connection = passive

regards

Pushkar

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I'm currently organizing NFS access to the system. I'll let you now as soon as I've tested with NFS file configuration.

Hi Pushkar,

I'm using Port = 21.

ConnectMode = Permanently

Transfer Mode = Text

Regards

Michael

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I reconfigured my CC to NFS. The CC status of my sender turned green in the RWB and the file has been deleted from my outbound directory.

So it looks like a FTP configuration error!

Thanks

Michael

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

Thats fine!! For this reason only I asked you to change the parameters. Check the FTP connection, and try it again.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

If you are using FTP then go to command prompt from your desktop and test your FTP connection with the userid and password what you are trying to connect by XI. If you dont have any error then you will not have any problem with XI also.

---Satish

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

through my console on my desktop I can problem-free connect with the XI user to my FTP Server. The same from the XI system. I'll check all connection parameters and let you know where I made the mistake.

Thanks

Michael

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I reconfigured my FTP connection as I did on last Friday. In the RWB - CC Monitoring my channel status is green with the explanations:

- Processing started

- Processing Finished succesfully

Sometimes in between the pollings I get an error message java.net... exception but the following pollings are ok again.

Altough the status of my CC now is green, the input file will not be deleted. Do you have any suggestions for this problem?

Best Regards,

Michael

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

after hours of debugging our SAP Basis guys found the reason of the problem. The XI Server has a wrong default gateway set. So its requests differs between two different IP addresses. So the FTP connection sometimes was OK, sometimes NOT!

Regards

Michael

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

Does the file has been polled as per your processing mode, I mean if the processing mode is delete , whether the file has been deleted.

Best Regards,

raj.

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

I had first the mode set to delete. The file has never been deleted. Now I set the mode to Test.

Regards

Michael

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

One more try, are u using FTP as Transfer protocol or NFS. If its FTP, to figure out the problem try the same scenario with NFS protocol. And let me know the results of it.

Best Regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

check the status of your sender communication channel in RWB->component monitoring.

Click on Adapter Engine and then click on

Communication Channel Monitoring.

There you specify the name of your communication channel.

If there is any problem in file picking, you can see the error message over there.

Regards

Pushkar

Message was edited by:

pushkar anand

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

my sender CC status is red and the error message switches between

"Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server: java.net.SocketException"

and

"Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server: java.lang.NullPointerException"

Can I get more precise error description from anywhere?

Michael