cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.net and xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to work on xMII thru DOTNET?. just like we are doing javascript coding.

please help me

- senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure what you mean by "work on", but we are using .NET to call a business logic transaction and assigning the xml to a dataset/datatable. This allows us to bind to grids etc.

Basically create an xml document and load it by calling the xacute URL. Then use a XMLNodeReader to read the doc....then dataset.readxml(reader).

then you can use datatables etc.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

And, if you all are nice to me, I'll give you some C# code that transparently exposes xMII datasets as ADO.NET datasets...

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about returning a dataset through the XACUTE Web Service? That would be a pretty heavy load to return, no?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope. Through the Runner servlet, taking the XML document and virtualizing it as a read-only ADO.NET dataset on the client side. Can even be data-bound to .NET UI controls.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wouldnt mind taking a look at that. I dont think it would be a good fit for our current project but it could prove to be useful in the future -- although from my small understanding visual composer would allow us to do similar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rick, can you expand on binding xMII datasets to .NET controls.

Currently we are using a BLT to convert our XML from rowset/rowset row to a column format(dynamic # of columns). The .NET page calls this BLT and loads a C# xml document with the results, then uses a XMLNodeReader to read the doc and finally loads it into a dataset.

We then bind the dataset to a gridview(and do lot of massaging in the RowDataBound event)

Would the method your talking about (Runner servlet) be faster/more efficient?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's basically what I'm doing, but in a bit more performant way. The other tricky part to get the databinding to work best was to dynamically create a schema that matched the XML structure. How are you defining the metadata for the dataset?

Former Member
0 Kudos

havent had too much time to flush it out completely and "properly" but on the .Net side, we created an XMLDoc based off the BLT's WebService and with that, use the DataSet's ReadXml method to hydrate the dataset.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I re-read this post I realize I didn't answer the question - we arent putting the metadata in the Dataset.

Right now we are just inferring the schema from the XML Doc

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess it depends on what you mean by "work on".

Going forward, 12.0 will not "understand" asp.