Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Transaltion / I18N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

1.  I created a Simple type in English
2. Gave the Field Label,Column Label,QUick Info and checked the check box Translatable .
3. I created a context attribute and gave this simple type as the type.
4. I cretaed a Label and a Input Field by using the APPLY TEMPLATE for this context attribute.
5. I went to package explorer --> Selected the .xlf file for my SImple Type --> Copied this into _de.xlf file.
6. Opened it and changed the lang. to German and translated them to German and saved the file.
7. Created an APplication and set the locale as de.
8. In the I:E --> Tools --> Inter net Options --> Languages --> Selected German as the default language.
9. When I execute my Application I'm not able to see the translations instead I'm seeing only English texts.

Can anyone tell me what's the mistake I'm doing ?

Regards,

Deepu.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepu,

All the steps u done is correct...for example u want to display that "Hai " in German language...for that sentence u have to wrote german language Manually by following steps

1. Open the file FormView.wdcontroller_de.xlf by double-clicking it. This file is displayed in the S2X Editor.

2. On the Header tab page, change the source language to German by selecting this language from the dropdown list.

3.Switch to the Resource Text tab page.In that window there is an option TEXT enter the German word in that field then, press ENTER.

Sample Applications click below,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/21/9499f2f50ca44a85e9611f14fbdc21/frameset.htm