cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel In mapping Lookups?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @,

for my scenarion i need to use Mapping lookup ,I need to know the following regarding this

1.Do i have to create dedicated Comm Chann for the same or can use the already existing channel

2.Can mapping lookups be used for proxy scenarion i.e server proxy case

3.Do all adaptors support Mapping lookups

REgards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>1.Do i have to create dedicated Comm Chann for the same or can use the already existing channel

you can use existing

>>>2.Can mapping lookups be used for proxy scenarion i.e server proxy case

you cannot do proxy lookup (only jdbc, sopa and rfc)

>>>>3.Do all adaptors support Mapping lookups

in mapping you can only use jdbc, soap and rfc lookups

so you can only use those three adapters

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

In my scenarion I am using proxy call and now the requirement is to perform some look up in ZTABLE .Is it possible or any work around ?

Regards

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the ztable is in R/3 then it's standard (RFC lookup)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

But I am not using RFC adaptor but instaed Proxy for the scenario .Still can we use it without RFC adaptor ?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Do you mean you are using a server poroxy to send info to your R/3?

Is this your scenario?

???-XI-Proxy

If so, you can use a separate RFC adapter to perform RFC lookup for your scenario apart from the server proxy.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jai ,

This is exactly the scenario In RFC adaptor I just need to create Communication Channel using RFC adaptor and then use directly in the Look up with out other steps related to Configuration of scenarion like rec deter etc?

Regards

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i> This is exactly the scenario In RFC adaptor I just need to create Communication Channel using RFC adaptor</i>

Yes only Receiver RFC communiaction channel

<i> then use directly in the Look up with out other steps related to Configuration of scenarion like rec deter etc?</i>

Yes. Nothing in ID

Regards,

Prateek

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

Yes, you just need to define a RFC adapter under a Business Service and then use this in your User Defined Function.

No receiver determination etc is needed.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> I just need to create Communication Channel using RFC adaptor and then use directly in the Look up with out other steps related to Configuration of scenarion like rec deter etc?

Yes. You dont need any other objects in ID for using lookups except the communication channel.

You can refer the article by Michal, which shows you how to do it

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a03e7b02-eea4-2910-089f-8214c6d1...

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jai Bhavesh Michael and Prateek for yr kind help

I will try this in my scenarion

Regards.