cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there anything in XI like if a file hasn't reached within a time frame then XI should send message to someone that file hasn't reached....

In my scenarion that label data has to be transferd to legacy system every day 11.00 and then they get printed to paste on the cartoons. And truck wait for cartoons to ship to some destination.

Regrads

Rinku

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh

I have seen other answers too. Rinku is looking for some configurations in XI only as per his question. In your answer, I have seen the R/3 side configuration to be done. In that case, there are many possibilities :-

1. You can use a java application on the sender adapter that will be triggered at the required time only if no message hits the sender adapter engine by the time and will generate a warning message for the sender.

2. We can do the same thing in the receiver side also and if no message arrives at the receiver in the stipulated time interval then we can trigger an error message from the receiver to be sent to the sender.

Thanks

Amit

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

I absolutely agree that there are many options that can be done.

But from my expereince in the end this responsibilty ends up with the EAI tool. Just as the same validation can be done on source application, EAI , or on Target Application, there are multiple ways to do this, and there are a number of factors that drive this and in the end most of it coms up at the EAI layer.

I am also referring tocreate this R3 table on XI and the report on XI and not on the Source or Target System.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

I got your point. The solution is that you have to use current date time function i.e. date along with time instead of time only.

I think you got it.

Regards

Amit

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

This solution will work only when the idoc is sent from the source system.

But what if the Idoc is not sent at all.

The mapping will not be executed and no alert thereby will be triggerd.

There is a dependency on the mapping triggering the alert and this would not help if there is no Source Idoc itself .

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess Bhavesh has valid point and his approach can be generic which can be used for other interfaces as I have other interfaces which require such kind of customisation. Thanks all for your inputs.

Regards

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As explained above you need to handle it on your own csutomising program or try to do it with proxies..

Or try to write a program to handle .. to check the file is placed / reached in a specific folder then to do your task like print lable or any activity..

Or try to use OS command in receiver file adapter to handle when file is reached then that OS command will execute a script file to print the receiver file

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rinku

I donot think that there is any direct solution to your problem but I can provide you a logical solution and I am pretty sure that it ll work fine.

Just get a field in the target message type which is mandatory and reserve it for your problem.Now you can have a user defined function in which you can get the current system time using standard java date time functions and compare that with your required timing.The function will be executed successfully if the current time is less than your required time else your function should fail. Once your function fails, the mandatory field will remain unmapped and a mapping alert will be generated.In the mapping alert, you can send message to the sender.

try this out.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Thanks for the solution it seems it will work. I will implement and will let you know. What is mapping alert....

Regards

Rinku

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit,

Its really good idea. But if you deeply look into it , its not possible according to Rinku's scenario. The reason i'm telling this is because, See today morning 6:00 AM I activated the scenario, according to Rinku the file has to be placed daily before 11:00 AM. If the mapping is executed at 11:05 AM it will throw an exception and u can raise an alert. Today's part is over how will you check the next days validations.

Can u please explain?

Best Regards,

raj.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A better option is to create a ZTABLE in XI.

In the mapping use a RFC to put the timestamp when the interface was run in this ZTABLE using the LookUp API.

Write a independnet report on XI that will be scheduled after the appropariate time and will check if there is an entrry in the table, if no this report can trigger the alert and if entry is available, it implies the interace has run and so no need to trigger the Alert. Just flush the entries of the table.

Regards

Bhavesh

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rinku,

Need one more input from your side. As you said that its IDOC- to - File scenario. How the interface is triggered in XI, I mean is there any job that triggers the particular IDOC to post into XI.

Best Regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Yes there is a job scheduled to kick the IDOC's to XI.

Regards

Rinku

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rinku,

I don't know whether its possible or not , is it possible for us to schedule the job say everyday at 12:00 AM. If its possible then combine this with Amit logic, it will work.

<i> But what happen if IDOC not reaches the XI ....</i>, Need to analyse.

Follow Bhavesh logic

Best Regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not possible in standard.

You would need to do Customizations to be able to handle this.

Regards

Bhavesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U may raise alerts to the users based for certain interfaces. But then u cannot make it time based.

Alerts r raised based on certain failures in mapping etc.

In ur case, only receiver knows whether the data has been received or not. So it would be better if receiver acknowledge or send some response through XI interface so that XI could raise alert.

Regards,

Prateek

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rinku,

Can u please explain little bit comprehensive. What is the source & target system.

Best Regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Scenario is IDOC-XI-File...