cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying ESS WebDynpro Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to import the ESS content into my DTR. If I add the content as required, I can import but I cannot see the internal DC content.

How can I get the cotent to where I can copy the ESS DCs?

What is the content of the DTRSAP_ESS.SC file? IS this a DTR import file? During checkin, this file is unpacked into the source archives folder. However, I cannot see that this file is being imported into the DTR.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...If are looking for the ESS components...you must first complete the SLD configuration. Did you load the latest metadata in the SLD? You should then see the correct software components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Thanx for the info..

What do you mean by "complete the SLD conf"?

How to load the latest metadata in SLD?

Please tell me in detail.

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I checked the Technical Landscape -> Technical System Type= Web AS Java -> Installed SC's and i am getting the entries SAP_ESS, 100, SAP_MSS, 100, SAPPCUI_GP, 100.

Please let me know what is missing?

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you find in your software catalog on the SLD? Should be under the ECC 5.0 component. In the track...add the sap.com component. SAP_ESS should be in the dropdown.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I checked th Software Catalogue. But could not find ECC 5.0 components :-(.

What is wrong?

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I have found a few problems in the installation of the JDI Server. I am trying to resolve them. I also checked an another SLD server which we are using but it does not have JDI, i was able to see ECC 5.0 components on the other server.

Things are getting clearer now.

Thanx for your help.

Regards

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...If are looking for the ESS components...you must first complete the SLD configuration. Did you load the latest metadata in the SLD. You should then see the correct software components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

just an update. I have imported the development configuration and can see the ESS applications in my Active DCs view.

However, I get the following error:

ess/us/addr(sap.com):DC cannot be synced as source because it is not available as source state

Has anyone seen this error? Per my previous post, it looks like the source code is present.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you manage to import ESS Sc to the development configuration?. We want to change ESS webdynpros. but We could not add the ESS SC to the configuraiton yet. Links/pointers to documentation would be usefull.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to install the JDI and then create a domain and tract in the CMS. The tract should include the ESS and PCUI as software components. Afterwards, you can checkin and import the ESS components into the DTR and checkout the applications, etc.

Here is a link to the JDI on help.sap.com...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b0/ee3441d95dd92be10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Can you provide more details about how you imported the ESS SC?

I have done the complete setup of JDI with DTR, CMS etc. I also done some testing and build Tracks and Domains.

But what i need to know is that what is the exact name of the SC that i need to import in the track. I also need to know what kind of naming conventions are followed while making tracks and domians?

I have installed the XSS components on the JDI server..

Immediate help will be appreciated..

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

If you have access to OSS, there is a "JDI Cookbook for ESS" available. See SAP note #872892.

Hope that helps,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanx a lot for the doc. I cannot give u points bcos i have not opeaned the thead but u are now in my good books.

But i still require some help from you and the other JDI experts here..

I am reading the doc now. But after an overlook, the problem looks like:

"3.2.3 Create a new Track using the Landscape Configurator" of adding SC's to tracks shows SAP_ESS Release 100, but am not able to find it in my screen. But i have installed the ESS, MSS & PCUI components through SDM and everything went fine.

Can you plz help me and tell me what is wrong?

If possible, please provide me with your mail-id so that i can discuss this with you offline.

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen,

Do we need JDI/NWDI even with the newly released NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.0.11?

Regards,

James