Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forum points

former_member194164
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all GURUs,

Goodmorning. Can you please tell what key benefit is there to earn Forum Points other than Recognition & self motivation.

regards

vikas chhabra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

APART FROM REGULAR POSTING AND AWARDING POINTS FOR ANSWERS U CAN ALSO TRY WITH REFERENCES TO GET MORE POINTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vikas,

I fully agree with all the valid statements made by some of the most active people on forum. Point is just a by product in this forum. It helps in networking also. As in my case, I get so many mails from people on different issues.

In a nutshell, It is a platform and it depends on the individual how to use it.

Regards,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your issue about exact reply is correct & subjective. You are the best judge, as you actually face the issue. the input which wee may provide may be best to the extend possible, but similar or near about situation would have been the scenario of the responder, so it becomes subjective.

To add to it, even after giving a perfect solutions, there are many many cases where the Blog createor does not reward points. that should not stop us from responding to Blogs created.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

former_member194164
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhu/Manam/Rajesh/Venkat,

I appreciate your replies & your contribution. It is only because of this self motivation that our community members are getting benefitted when they sincerely need help whenever in problem. I myself have been benefitted several times by SDN because of members like you whenever i face any problem.

Keep Going

thanx & best wishes

regards

vikas chhabra

binayak_ghosh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Let me begin by saying that these forums has solved most of my problems that I have faced till now. Plus, I will say that this is the best SAP forum available on SAP SD, i had been a member of other forums( groups ) of SAP SD at yahoo, google or orkut, but this is the best .

And by giving them point ,we are just appreciating or recognising the members knowledge and poblem solving capacity, I know a few members who even mails u documents on topics like Rebates, Batch management, and believe me they are of great help. These people do really go out of their way to help us.

Thanx and Regrds,

Binayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vikas.,

I agree with Sadhu kishore & Rajesh Banka,as SAP is a ocean,we can grasp some knowledge and do some Research work,But as venkat said,People are copying & pasting,& there is no stuff in the answers,Some people ask for step by step procedure & for them its better to give the entire information

Sorry if i am wrong

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Message was edited by:

manam narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

More than Forum Points relevance, it is important to participate in the forum by contributing on the topic we have knowledge. It adds to our kbowledge, as may things we unknowingly know, but when questioned we have to think about it. But participation in forum keeps us actively refreshing ourknowledge & increasing our knowledge.

In terms of points, you get a recognition not only in SDN, but also among your collegues. The respect is higher & the scope of self learning also becomes higher to meet the expectation of others.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

i agree with you , but the problem is people are not giving exact reply , they are giving more information with useless simply copy and paste from google or what ever it is , it is really not good, pls explore your knowledge and try to give generic replys, dont look for pints, if u give generic reply pwople will give the points.

Thanks&Regards

Venkat.Dhanemkula

Former Member
0 Kudos

u r correct venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

forum points i guess is the last thing..its only a mark appreciation for the effort and time put in.

The <b>big thing or perhaps the biggest thing</b> is the knowledge that we gain, not always by answering but in an effort to answer we can explore many new areas and as well go deep and learn new things.... The basic idea of this forum is to form a quality platform to share knowledge across the community.

i guess anyone would agree to say SAP is an ocean. We cannot know all of it.. by sharing atleast we improve on it.

thanks for a nice question.

Regards

Sadhu Kishore