cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound interface from XI to R/3 - BAPIs and Idocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks

I want to process five BAPIs in a row in SAP R/3. I have an inbound interface (ABAP proxy) in SAP R/3 which has to call five BAPIs in a row for processing Master data. The Idoc types are MATMAS, ECMMAS, ECMREV, CLFMAS and BOMMAT in the same order. I want to know the corresponding BAPIs for these Idoc types to call BAPI in the same order mentioned above since I have to maintain the sequence for Engineering Change Order interface. I am considering here to use BAPI and not Idoc is for the process of rolling back all these transactions if one these fails.

For eg: If Material Master transaction fails, I should not process any of the further transactions.

If Material Master is success, and ECMMAS (Change master fails), then I should not process any of the further transactions and Roll back the material master and so on.

Here, Is there any way to delete the record from database after processsing using BAPIs for all of these transactions.. ie, delete material master, delete classification, delete change master, delete revision level. I don't need a delete Bill of material BAPI since this is the last in the row.

The message is coming from XI to R/3 and please let me know if there are some other options too in this to take care of this process or is there any way to use Idoc instead of BAPI and roll back the same way as mentioned above for the added records in the Database.

Any ideas or help is appreciated. Thanks a lot.

I will respond whatever I know based on the replies from you Experts

Thanks

Ricky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you could either control the error/failiure roll back with the abap proxy, or could write a BPM to wait for successful posting before posting the next document. Quite a few Bapis have a reverse transaction for failiures, so if failiure received, stop processing and reverse item.

I've converted single messages to multiple processes using BPM however, I have not used a reverse call, just stop processing.

Try these How to Guides...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40697f5e-088d-2910-6592-cefedf19...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e7bc3a5a-0501-0010-1095-eb4...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/59ef6011-0d01-0010-bfb0-b51...

In transaction bapi you can drill down to find the correct bapi.

e.g. BAPI_STANDARDMATERIAL_CREATE & BAPI_MATERIAL_DELETE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Barry for the reply. This is what I was looking for to start with.

But in my case, I have to find out the BAPI for reversing the CLFMAS, (Classification), ECMMAS(Change master), ECMREV (Revision level), BOMMAT (Bill of Material). And the CCBPM will not work in my scenario since I can stop processing when errors out, but by that time if something is updated in the database for successful transactions, I have to roll back it anyways. So please let me know if you have some idea bout roll backs too with or without BPM. I have the idea of roll back using the BAPI reverse for all these transactions but don't know whether BAPIs are already available in the system

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,,

Here there is one more problem. I can't use BAPI_DELETE for roll backs of MATMAS, CLFMAS, ECMMAS, ECMREV, BOMMAT since customer is not encouraging to do this. Here the only option I can see is to design a BPM and send the message based on their successes. Any ideas about designing BPM.

Thanks

Answers (0)