Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble shooting and Error handling / Alert Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP - Xi - File or File - XI - SAP

1. I am presumming that when SAP is down then alert management can send message to receiver .

2. But when XI is down can I send alert to receiver that XI is down, how can I acheive this. Please provide me the steps also.

3. And if FTP server is down and XI can't send file then what happens, does XI keep trying to send file to FTP. Is there any way we can send alert to someone that FTP is down.

Regards

Rinku

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rinku,

2. <i>XI Server down</i>

I think its not possible thru XI, bcoz the server itself down, its sender/receiver application system responsiblity.

<i>3. FTP server down</i>

In integration server there is option retry limit , based on that value, it will retry. You just tak some sample File-2-File scenario. In the receiver adapter give some wrong user credentials. Go to RWB choose message monitoring and check the message over there, u will get the complete message flow. For example, u will get message "like user credentials wrong while writing to folder dev/etc/.., will try to resend in another ...........". So if u change the credentials and activate the channel. It will go thru. Just try it and lemme know.

I think it might helps you.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>1. I am presumming that when SAP is down then alert management can send message to receiver .

Use CCMS for this one,ALRTCATDEF won't wokr here .

>>But when XI is down can I send alert to receiver that XI is down, how can I acheive this. Please provide me the steps also.

Use CCMS for this one,ALRTCATDEF won't wokr here(CCMS monitors the systems so it can send but when XI itself is donw ALRTCATDEF won't work)

>>And if FTP server is down and XI can't send file then what happens, does XI keep trying to send file to FTP

ALRTCATDEF will work here.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Can you provide me the steps CCMS configuration.

Also please provide me the steps for alert management in case of FTP failure

regards

Rinku

Message was edited by:

Rinku Malik