cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager and ARIS - visual modeling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a question about ARIS and SAP Solution Manager. In terms of visually modeling a process I can understand how this is simply created in a Microsoft Visio solution. However, is there benefit in doing this same exercise in ARIS Modeler - that links to Solution Manager?

Our goal is to find a solution that truly is long term in that the visual representation is captured along with process documentation all within Solution Manager.

Can anyone provide any comments or advice?

thanks!

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I tested the integration between the two about a 1.5 years ago and I found it disappointing.

If you are only using ARIS as a Visio replacement I would just use Visio. ARIS is a powerful modeling tool, but Visio is just as good (and cheaper) at showing the process flow. The integration between SolMan and ARIS is buggy.

For one, it's a lot easier to import your objects from Solman into ARIS and build your models. However, I personally want to model my processes before building my BPS. If you build it in ARIS and then import it into SolMan you have to maintain attributes on all of the objects you create in ARIS so that the import will work properly, but I found that process buggy and frustrating.

Also, if you want to keep it all together Visio is probably a better option. The ARIS database file cannot be broken up by processes. The only way I can think of keeping processes and process models together would to have a link to the ARIS webserver process model. The Visio option seems cleaner.

I would try a Proof of Concept and see how you like it. It may work for your situation.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

ARIS can be integrated with Solution Manager. Check this link.

http://www.ids-scheer.com/international/english/aris_solution_for_sap/139415

Regards,

Giridhar