cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Mapping VS Java Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When we have to go for Abap Mapping and when we have to go for Java Mapping.

What are the constraints decide us to go for Abap Mapping as well as Java Mapping ?

Thanks

Rajanikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

basically there's no difference between those two so:

- if you know abap better go for ABAP mappings

- if you know java better then abap go for java mappings

they both offere the same functionalities

(in terms of XML processing + special XI "things"

like dynamic configuration access etc)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michal,

Is that the only difference ...i mean there should be some more differentiating factors.

ABAP being a sap propreitery language..should be better, though i am not familiar with the advanced syntaxes in abap, However i do know that with java mapping ..String manipulation is not as robust as we would like it to be..so maybe abap wins out there...........

Would like to know what you think...!

Regards

Ravi Raman

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well,

considering that you have well established java xml apis (dom and sax), then java win in therms of "implementation robustness".

Also, the mapping runtime runs in the Java Stack, thus it is natural for it to run java methods. However, to run ABAP methods, it'll need some kind of integration (using JCo and all). Thus performance on Java stack could be better, depending on the message size and the specific tasks of the implementation (if you have a lot of heavy xml processing, maybe in the end it'd be better to use ABAP mapping, regarding performance).

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (0)