cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would some one explaing me Multi-mapping with an Example?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

Multi-Mapping can only be used in ccBPM. It is used to map abstract interfaces. Development is the same as Message Mappings

n:1 Transformation

Bundles multiple messages into one message, for example, individual purchase order items into one purchase order.

1:n Transformation

Splits a message into multiple messages, for example, a purchase order into the individual purchase order items.

n:m Transformation

Converts a message into another message, for example, a message that is defined by interface A is converted to message that is defined by interface B.

Multi-Mappings reference multiple message structures:-

a) All source message structures are combined into 1 source structure.

b) All target message structures are combined into 1 target structure.

Therefore, there is only one source structure mapped to one target.

Multi Mapping

BPM involved:

/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

Without BPM:

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Regards,

Ram

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done the one(without BPM), but I understood that there cannot be multiple receiver services.

This message splitting can be done only with one sender and one receiver business services.

Am I right?

Regards,

Karthik kaveriselvan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pete,

Multimapping can be done for the adapters which work on the adapter framework. Check this weblog on how to do multimapping:

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

---Satish

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Multi mappings are whats done in ccBpm..when you want to take multiple messages and merge it into one message for the output..typically speaking thats a 1:n or n:1 transformation...

for ex..incoming 1 is first name and last name, incoming 2 is last name and po,

then you can use multi mapping to map them all into one where u have first name, last name and po for output after validating that the lastname1.equals(lastname2)..

Hope that helps..

Reward points if it helps...........!