cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instalation question

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an already installed SAP instance with Maxdb in one host(DEV, and we planning to install a second instance on the same host (QAS).

DEV its pached with 7.6.01.15, but QAS will be installed with SAP shipped version which is lower. I will upgrade it once I finish Installed QAS.

Since the independent data path from maxdb is the same for all instances in the same host, could be risky to install QAS with DEV working, sharing the independent data path for both DATABASES?

Could the newer version i have patched for DEV be replaced with the one I install for QAS and I might get problems later when I try to start DEV.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

The independent database software packages are downward compatable &

located in /sapdb/programs by default database Installation.

Therefore you could run two, for example, databases of the different versions on one server, if you hve enough OS resources < e.g, memory, CPU ... >.

The installation distinguishes between different software directories.

Please review the document at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/23/d1a03cc24efd1de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Please also overview the section "Refer to the following directories" in the SAP Note No. 803452.

"Since the independent data path from maxdb is the same for all instances in the same host, could be risky to install QAS with DEV working, sharing the independent data path for both DATABASES?"

-> It's not risky to install QAS with DEV working, sharing the independent

data path for both DATABASES.

"Could the newer version i have patched for DEV be replaced with the one I install for QAS and I might get problems later when I try to start DEV."

-> There should be no problems, as the independent database software packages

are downward compatable.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!!