Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on generated HTML for a web dynpro view

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need some help for the followings regarding web dynpro view.

1) Is there a way to include custom java script in the HTML genrated for a view.

When you say <b>VIEW SOURCE</b> for a web dynpro view, you get to see some <b>HTML code & some java scripting</b>.Can i add some more custom java scripts there , so that the custom scripts will be included when the view is rendered again.

2) Can i see that generated HTML page (may be some other format) somewhere one the server / local machine apart from the browser?

3) My WD Application will be running inside a iframe provided by a portal (Not <b>SAP EP</b> !!!).

Is there any way so that i can fire an event or something like that to the outer Portal frame to inform that the web dynpro view has got loaded.

Will really appreciate your help.

Thanks much !

Regards,

sandip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no way you can do custom java scripting in the HTML generated for a webdynpro. I tried doing that for bringing in Line Breaks in Table Captions. But no success.

WebDynpro is fully Server side rendering from SP10 and above or was it SP9 and above. But what is your requirement and why would you want to change the compiled html. If you want to modify the html that is generated then only possible thing is to modify the program that generates the html which is impossible from our point of view unless SAP allows us to do so.

regards

ravi

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm...

Anyways thanx for your reply.

I was thinking atleast the number 3 issue might be having some way of implementation.

Ok let me explain the scenarion.There might be some solution to it.

In the portal, i am having two frames , one containing the WD application & the other a JSP container.

Based on some transaction in WD App, need to update the JSP container.

OK, will the portal eventing stuff work in other POrtals too ???

Regards,

sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

I can understand your requirement. Compared to EP, for portal eventing, in IBM Websphere Portal for eg.,its being defined /implemented in a different way.

However Your requirement to get some data from webdynpro application and throw it in a jsp, you need to use request parameters (being defined from your appl.) and pass it to the jsp page.

initially you need to create a common jsp page with two frames, one being the wd appl and the other being a jsp page (another java project under webdynpro itself). you can get the data from WD appl to the jsp page.

On the reverse, provide Hyperlinks from the right hand jsp, pointing to the webdynpro appl URL in the left side with a URl parameter, that on click will refresh WD appl and get the latest information, In this way, you can achieve data transfer from WD appl to an external portal appl.

If you need any specific code samples, do let us know.

regards

sathyanarayanan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I didn't understand your idea.Can I get some samples code please to my email.

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) There is no way to include custom java script in the HTML generated for a view.

2) No

3) No

The reason for all the above negative answers is due to a fact that webdynpro is rendered using a webdynpro Client Side framework (CSF). CSF is viewer indepenedent. The idea behind the concept is that webdynpro can be rendered in a browser or any other device.