Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About current write mode in tag query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai all

can any body tell how to use current write mode clearly

here im working with ihistorian in this with current write mode i updated some tag values it is displaying those updated tagvalues in current write and current mode while testing but it is not displaying in history mode

so could u plz help me by explaining the process to work with current write clearly

its very urgent

Thanks in Advance

Apsara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apsara,

For this clearly very urgent issue, perhaps you can restate the problem clearly.

I suspect your problem is that the values that you have successfully (?) been writing to iHistorian are not showing up when you do a History query. If that is the case, use the HistoryEvent mode. The HistoryEvent mode will display actual recordings. The History mode uses various types of interpolation depending on RowCount, Duration, etc. If your mode is set to History you will not see the actual values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai Ryan

thanks for ur reply

but the ihistorian server which iam using here is not updating with current write values so plz tell me is there any date preferences to mention in that current write mode while setting the values.

u told that i can c the values in history event but it is displaying the same old actual values plz help me to solve out this problem

Thanks in Advance

Apsara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you trying to change a value that was recorded by the iHistorian? I think you can only write new values. Meaning you can't go back to 12/31/2003 12:13:14 and create a new value. I think if you do a write to iHistorian, the datestamp will be the current datestamp. Is this what you are experiencing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

Yes, i am trying to write new value for the current tag. While inserting using CurrentWrite, i am able to write... It is showing <b>DateTime</b> and <b>new Value</b> inserted. But while checking in the updated Tags using <b>HistoryEvent</b>, i am not able to see the updated value there.

For eg : i am updating a tag for time 06/01/2007 19:15:17, while checking with historyEvent for the same time, i am not able to view the updated value.

Regards

Apsara S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ryan,

I want to know some information reg iFix.Is there any possibility to update the tag value in iFix.

Actually my requirement is like we have to take the iFix tag values and display it in the dashboard ,after i click on the Accept button the status of the perticular tag will go to iFix/iHis and update it.

Please give your suggessions reg this

-Apsara

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your data server setup for iHistorian, do you have the "Writable" check box checked?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ryan ,

its already checked is there any other permissions required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apsara,

I'm also working in iFix and iHistorian.

I'm intrested to know the connetion with SAP xMII.

Are you still working on xMII?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apsara,

I am not very familiar with iFix or iHistorian, but have worked with several other data historians in last couple of years. I have not seen where you can update a past value. You probably will need to check with the vendor to see if it is possible/allowed. By the nature of a current write mode, you are entering current data. Or put another way, only data for right now.

Good luck,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Aug 18, 2008 2:02 PM