cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Calculation Action in BLS Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to pass the values of two tags in a tag query into a calculation action in a BLS transaction and add the two values together. I'm linking the action result property to the expression that does the calculation. When I click on the 'Evaluate' button in the link editor I get the correct result but the action result itself is always zero and zero gets passed into my next action block. Any ideas? (I'm using xMII 11.5 SP3)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

You might see this sort of behavior in handling of data types if you are doing a calculation of two integers that results in a double, but your variable is an integer. Make sure that the source and target datatypes are in alignment with the formula.

Regards,

Jeremy Good

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jeremy. The variables coming out of my tag query are doubles. I'm not sure how to tell what the data type of the calculation "result" variable is.

My result variable for each calculation always seemed to be zero (I mean I would hover my mouse pointer over "result" and I'd see a zero). I decided to write my results out to a text file and it looked OK so I'm not sure why I was seeing zeroes in the link editor.

In any event, my output from the transaction seems to be OK so I'm ready to declare success and move on.

David

Answers (0)