cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Operator "Combine" working properly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I encounter a strange problem. I have two queries on very similar BW-Cubes. If I combine now my two queries by the "Combine"-Symbol, I get only one single row.

I dont get several rows, but only one (there should be in my case at least 7). I cannot even figure out how the VC is deciding which row of my data it is showing.

Has someone an idea, what is causing that?

Regards

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Mark,

it is not possible to use the combine operator to combine two queries and give it to an table. You can combine always one dataset with this operator. You can use it for example if you want two have inputs into a from from more then one source.

Regards

Thomas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

venkata_ramisetti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you first tell us how did you combine two queries using COMBINE element?

As of I know we need to combine two result tables using COMBINE statement. I am not sure about this.

Why don't you use UNION operator to combine the two result tables?

Thanks,

Ramakrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, but I don't understand your question:

How I combined the queries? Are there several ways to use the Combine Item?

I connected the output ports of the first query with one of the input ports of the COMBINE and the output port of the second query with the second input port and that's it.

I tried the UNION item as well, but that one only combines columns which are the same in both queries and because I have one column in each query that is unique it is not displaying them:

Columns of Query1: A B C D F

Columns of Query2: A B C D G

My aim is : A B C D F G

Combine is doing that but delivers me only one single row, which is nonsense.

UNION is giving me only: A B C D which I don't want.

Regards

Mark