cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add remote system to SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have a SLD set up to use the R/3 backend on the same server. I've also added another R/3 backend to the technical systems, so I can set up a JCO to use this. When I try to set up a JCO with the new backend and try to ping it I get the following error:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=trel-p40 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=SOE MSSERV=sapmsSOE PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR service 'sapmsSOE' unknown TIME Thu May 31 12:43:10 2007 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 38 RC -3 MODULE nixxhsl.cpp LINE 776 DETAIL NiHsLGetServNo: service name cached as unknown COUNTER 1

As I can see the JCO points to my local R/3 not to the remote one. So here's my question: How do I tell the SLD that my newly added technical system is in some onther place. I've added the hostnames respectivly but I can't see how the sld would know where to look for a hostname that's not part of the local domain.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Robert,

This sounds really interesting but to be frank am not able to get the entire picture here.

Can you please explain on what you are trying to do here and what the problem is.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As stated in the JCO error message the route to the remote host couldn't be found. I had to manually add a static route to the OS routing table to the remote system.

ROUTE ADD destination MASK 255.255.255.255

Problem solved. - Threat closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, so here's what I'm trying to do: I have a development system consistion of an ERP 5 plus Portal 6.0 and all nessaccery components. I'll use this system to develop webdynpro apps and get them running in the portal.

It's basically just prototypes but in order to give some customers the big picture I wanna connect my webdynpro apps to the customers R/3 for a live presentation with real data.

The Connection runns over JCOs implementing the SLD destination and login data for the remote system (customer side). The remote R/3 just holds an functional package (don't know how it's called in English) that's RFC enabled.

So now I'm facing the problem: How do I get the remote system to be accessable by my JCOs. My thought was just add it in the SLD as a technical system.

As you can see I'm lacking basic understanding of SLD. Maybe you could set me on the right track?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Robert,

I get the issue now, but this is the XI forum and maybe you can get a better response on the Portals forum or the SAP Netweaver Admin Forum.

I have no experince in SLD configuration for a WebDynpro system and so might not be able to help.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct. You need to add the ERP system to the SLD then perform the user mapping in your portal and run the application, probably that shoul work.

Thanks,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

First it's no firewall issue. The remote R/3 is fully reachable.

The SLD is configured on the local R/3. I didn't touch the remote one. Maybe I'm missing something but let's say the remote R/3 I wanna get a JCO RFC connection to is from a different company and connects to it's own SLD. I shouldn't have to configure it to use my SLD right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The hostname has been added to the hosts file under windows\system\... and I'm able to ping the remote R/3. I'm even able to reach it on port 3600 by telnet, though I don't get anything displayed. Should the telnet connection show me anything? (BTW doing a telnet localhost 3600 gives the same behavior: No error but black screen. telnet on 3601 gives a service unavailable)

Could this be a firewall problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Did yaa do necessary configuration in

RZ70

SLDAPICUST of your remote R/3 system

and also execute the SLDCHECK after the above

Look for SLDAPICUST in the help. Here is the link <a href="https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/sld">Servicemarketplace</a>

Hope this helps you

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you ping remote r/3 host name from command prompt,

if not then make entry in your local host file with correct IP and hostname.

Regards,

Gourav