cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set (PCD) IViewID out of web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

is it possible to set the portal (pcd) iviewID out of web dynpro, via some api?

i would like to provide my Iview with a unique identifier and the default IviewDI does not suit our needs.

thanks for any help,

Rene

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

unique id's are generated automatically as and when the iviews are created.These UID's are different for differnt iview instance.Do not try to construct UID on yuour own.

for more info refer

SDN articles:Using the New User Management API in EP 6

Developer tutorial UME40

or

help.sap.com/nw04->Identity Management->User Management Engine

hope it helps

Thanks and Regards

Avijit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try this code

IUser user=request.getUser();

IUserFactory userFact=UMFactory.getuserFactory();

while(result.hasNext){

String UID=(string)result.next();//returns the UID

userFact= getUserFactory.getUser(unique ID);//use UID to get user

hope it helps..

Thanks and Regards

Avijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avijit,

thanks for your post. Can you please explain what your code is doing, and how can i use your code to solve my issue? Even when i have only one user, i am not able to see how i can identify iviews on the portal page.

thanks in advance,

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

see this document

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ep50sp6/helpdata/en/6c/670e3c421ff443e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

You can manually add the get_ API to the iView URL by defining it as a parameter in the Parameter Properties table. The get_ API reads the value of whatever you ask for. For example, get_IsolationLevel instructs the iViewServer to read the currently defined isolation level. At runtime, the iViewServer replaces this URL parameter value with the requested value.

The syntax of what follows get_ is very specific

GET_IVIEWID returns the unique iView ID defined in the portal content repository.

Thanks and Regards

Avijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avijit,

thanks for your post. I know that you can get all properties needed the way you described. but how can i SET this value out of web dynpro?

I also know that there is a uniqueKey value for every iview created. but regarding to sap this is only for internal use and should not be used for any development. The pcd path (iviewID) does not suit our needs, because we use personalized portal pages and we need to identify every iview displayed on the page. removing and adding an iview of the same type provide the same IviewID, but they are different!

I hope that explains my issue more detailed.

thanks in advance,

Rene