cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver-File-Adatper creates empty files on FTP-Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a problem with my IDOC-to-File-scenario. My Mapping converts IDOCs to XML-files. Then the xml-files should be send to a ftp-server in New York. but only the filename is created on the ftp-server in New York. but without any content.

At first I tested the scenario with a ftp-server in our company. and it works. the files and the right content were created. so the scenario and the mapping are working correctly.

Have you any idea what the problem is?

Thanks and best regrads

Christopher

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

In the processing parameters in FTP adapter, for "Put File" are you using

-Use Temporary file

-Directly?

Regards,

Vinayak Kamath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

I use directly, but I tried "use temporary file". It's both not working

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have faced same problem,In my is problem target xml not generated properly.Check your namespace,DT,MT as well.

Cheers!

Samarjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi samarjit,

with another ftp-server it works. i don't think that it is a problem with the namespace.

thanks and best regards

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

In receiver comm channel, in processing parameters there is one parameter called Empty message handling with two options.

1. Write empty files.

2. ignore

Try using this. If XI server itself is giving empty file then it wont write. and u will come to know that it is problem with your configuration. and if still xi is writing then something with FTP server.

Warm Regards,

Gouri

(Award if useful )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gouri,

thanks for your answer. I've chosen "ignore". The file (empty) is created anyway.

So it is a problem with the ftp-server. what could it be? have you any suggestions?

in the receiver communication channel I can choose "timeout". is it helpful to fill this field?

best regards

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dont use anonymous login. Please provide user name and password.

Also go to adapter engine queue. There see the details description of your message. There it will specify which file got created, on which FTP server, in which folder and also how many bytes XI has transferred. If possible let me know these details.

Also try uploading any other file to FTP.

For this got to Command prompt.

1. open (o) IP ADDRESS

2. User name

3. Password

4. go to specified folder

5. Use PUT command to save the file on FTP server.

If after all these empty files is getting created then contact your system administrator and tell him to check firewall settings. Because there are few parameters which allows data transfer.

Because if firewall problem is there then u wont be able to put a file manually on that FTP server.

Let me know the output.

Warm Regards,

Gouri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use the login with password and user. that is not the problem.

With this user and password I am able to make a manual file-transfer to the ftp-server.

in the communication channel monitoring in the rwb the error "425 Can't open data connection" occurs.

the firewall is open. otherwise the XI-System were not able to create the empty file with the filename, isn't it?

best regards

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

First up all I never said firewall is not open. If file getting created means firewall is open.Dont u think so I can understand this much????

Any way,

The 425 error means that the data channel is blocked or closed between you and the server you are trying to connect to.

Open ports 20 and 21

Also, turn off command filtering on the firewall.

If you still cannot get a successful connection, check all devices that are between the client and server to ensure that the proper ports are open (e.g. routers).

But 100% it is FTP error.

Warm Regards,

Gouri

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Cristopher,

since the file is created anyway, it means that the message is not empty when it comes into file adapter.

Probably there is some issue regarding that ftp server in particular. It could be either permission related (you have a permission to create a new file but not to write any byte on it, or something like that) or instruction related (the ftp server is not able to understand some instructions given by the ftp adapter, or vice-versa). Check if the ftp server you're accessing is fully ftp compliant.

Don't you get any errors in the audit log of that message? Check it in the message monitoring, in the details screen.

If not, you could try to increase the trace level of the file adapter to debug, and check the defaulttrace.log file in Visual Administrator.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for the missunderstanding regarding the firewall.

I let the port 20 and activate (port 21 is still activated) in the firewall and tomorrow I will tell you what happened. but I think that port 20 is only used with active ftp. but in our company active ftp is forbidden, so I have to use passive ftp. is the port 20 used there too?

Tomorrow I will tell you about my progress

best regards

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

thanks for your answer. How can I increase the trace level of the file adapter?

best regards

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christopher,

I would suggest you to go to command prompt from your desktop and do login into the FTP site with your user name and password. If that works then it is not problem with the FTP. Then you have to check the receiver file adapter. Also since you are writing a xml file it should be straight forward.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Active connections open ports 20 and 21

For Passive connections open ports 21 and 1024+ (and higher)

Warm Regards,

Gouri

(Award Points if useful )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In File adapter we have an option like below :

Terminate Program After Timeout

Set this indicator if the adapter is to terminate the executing program in the event of a timeout.

The adapter writes the output (STDOUT and STDERR) for the operating system command in the system trace

Check in receiver CC in RWB- channel monitoring to find the exact error at adapter level and also you can see the content of message

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chilla,

the Error is the following:

Error 425 Can't open data connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

now I think I have recognized the problem. My guess is that the ftp-server in new york is not supporting passive FTP. so I have to activate it.

Is there a possibility to insert or to register a ftp-proxy in the xi file adapter or in the xi?

I'm asking because I get a passive ftp-connection with our ftp-proxy. it would be the easiest and best solution if I could register this ftp-proxy in the xi-system.

Is that possible? Otherwise I have to activate the passive mode at the ftp-server in new york. Active mode is forbidden in our company.

Thanks and best regards

Christopher Kühn

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the mapping as shown in my blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I checked the mapping. it's working fine. As I sad: I tested it with another ftp-server and it's working. only with the ftp-server in new york it is not working.

best regards

Christopher