Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using NWDI Functionality with SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have One Doubt.

I Heard that NWDI is used for Versioning and Transporting.

But In SAP XI Also We have those Features Like S/W Component Versions And Transporting.

Then What is the Use of With NWDI & Why Should we go for this. And in which situation we will go for this in the real time.

Please Explain me In General Words with out any Doc's .

Regards

Khanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Development transports can be handled using mere file transports or CMS or NWDI.

CMS is an efficient way to handle landscape transport but out current XI system displays no functionality of the CMS configured, but I still suggest CMS to be a good investment for the project. File transfer of development objects across landscape is very simple yet erring as the transport version management needs to be manually handled by us. I dont have much idea about NWDI!

check this blog:

/people/praveen.mayalur/blog/2007/05/31/configuration-of-cms-in-central-nwdi-sld-to-transport-xi-objects

Hope this helps.

-Prasad.

Message was edited by:

PrasadBabu Koribilli

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>I dont have much idea about NWDI!</i>

CMS is a part of NWDI. NWDI also includes other options like DTR, etc

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member181959
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Bahvesh.

-Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Q1) Is NWDI Is Used For Only the Transporting Purpose or Is there Any Development is there ??

Q2) How The Link Between these Two, SAP XI And NWDI ?? Is there Any Relation ???

Regards

Khanna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Q1) Is NWDI Is Used For Only the Transporting

> Purpose or Is there Any Development is there ??

With respect to XI, mostly for Transportation. Its major use is with WebDynpro, Portals, CAF , etc.

> Q2) How The Link Between these Two, SAP XI And NWDI

> ?? Is there Any Relation ???

Like pointed, CMS is a part of NWDI and so when you use CMS for tranportation you are using NWDI!

Regards

Bhavesh