cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Adobe form generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My component's context is only known at runtime, i.e. it is being dynamically created at runtime.

Is it possible to bind such dynamic context to the fields in the Adobe forms. Even those Adobe form fields have to be dynamic i.e. I do not know what to show and where on the Adobe form until runtime.

Thanks

Kapil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for message.

Do you know if this will be possible in future releases?

Kapil

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

do you have a little more background about your process and the type of form you need?

What you want sounds too dynamic for what we can do, but there may be workarounds already. If you provide more details, I'll look into it.

Kind regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I will try to explain the process :

We have a system in .NET called service request system(SRS). It allows the users to design the forms and create approval process for them. Now, we want to move/decouple the approval process to SAP utilising business W/F and the forms to Webdynpro/Adobe. The forms will be accessed from portals.

There are around 800 existing forms which have to be migrated to webdynpro/adobe. So, we have created a webservice which returns the metadata of the forms from the existing system and based on this metadata we generate the forms dynamically using dynamic webdynpro UI programming.

For the pure HTML webdynpro forms this approach seems to work. But can we use this approach with the Adobe forms?

I hope I was clear in my explanation.

Thanks.

Kapil

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil

thanks for your explanation. It took me a while to find out what the status and plans are.

It's great to hear that you want to move to the Interactive Forms solution. Unfortunately, there is currently no technical solution to your requirement. Any use of the Adobe technology at this point requires the use of a template created with the Adobe LiveCycle Designer.

The requirement to generate a form on the fly without a template is currently being discussed by SAP and Adobe, but we're currently not in a position to say whether or when this will be developed.

There is a group within SAP who has created a prototype of such an XFA conversion (XFA, XML Forms Architecture, being Adobe's specification for forms).

Theoretically, anyone familiar with XFA (spec availabe on Adobe website) could build something like that, but it would be a lot of development.

Kind regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

As of now there is no methods available to generate ADOBE forms dynamically. You have to design your PDF form at design time.

Refer my post for the same on webdynpro forum at following link:

Regards,

Bhavik

Message was edited by: Bhavik Devisha