cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface not retrieved when SOAP request is posted with XMLSpy

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my scenario I am posting XML files from a SOAP client to XI.

In XI, I created a WSDL file for my scenario with the following URL

http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=p:s:c

where host is the host name, port is the port number, p is the party name, s the service name, and c is the channel name, respectively.

I imported the WSDL file in different tools such as StylusStudio, SOAPSoanar, XMLSpy or SOAPUI. I also created manually a request in SAP SOAP client.

The scenario works OK for all of the tools mentioned above, except with XMLSpy.

In fact, the WSDL wizard creates an address with the escape sequence &amp instead of &. It appears that some SOAP clients (for example XMLSpy) do not automatically restore the character.

I thought about manually replacing the &amp by & in the SOAP end point but this doesn't seem to be a solution. The receiver agreement cannot be retrieved by SAP XI.

Does one of you out there have experience with XMLSpy (I'm using v2007 sp1) and WSDL files created by XI? How to replace the escaped characters by normal ascii characters. If I just do a 'replace all', the WSDL cannot be validated by XMLSpy.

Thx for your feedback,

Danny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you change URL in XMLSpy? Try this way: in menu choose SOAP->Change SOAP request parameters

danny_deroovere
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mikhail,

Tha's exactly what I do.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>In fact, the WSDL wizard creates an address with the escape sequence &amp instead of &. It appears that some SOAP clients (for example XMLSpy) do not automatically restore the character.

I thought about manually replacing the &amp by & in the SOAP end point but this doesn't seem to be a solution.</i>

That is strange. I remember replacing the &amp;amp; manually with a & in the SOAP url from XML Spy and things worked fine.

The URL i used when I was facing this issue is the URL as shown in this blog by Stefan,

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/21/using-the-soap-inbound-channel-of-the-integration-engine

Regards

Bhavesh

Regards

Bhavesh

danny_deroovere
Participant
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Are you using the Integration Engine or the SOAP adapter?

In my scenario I am using the SOAP sender adapter.

KR, Danny

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Danny,

Only the URL of the IE conatins the & in the URL.The URL being posted to the AE does not contain a & .

Are you facing an issue with the data being keyed in or at the URL level when dealing with the AE url's?

Regards

Bhavesh

danny_deroovere
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm facing problems at the URL level.

This is the complete URL that is used for the SOAP end point:

http://[server]:[port]/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=Douanes_et_Accises:TATIScms:SOAP_sender&...

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Danny,

Sorry i forgot abt the &version part

I can assure you that I have faced this problem as well.

I dont remember the version of XML Spy etc but I do remmeber having to make the manual change in the SOAP Url in XML spy.

Maybe it was an issue specific to the version we were using , but yes it does exist.

Regards

Bhavesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats Odd !!!

I have been using XML spy since long but nver had much problems with it.

Well try the following blog -

Testing XI exposed Web-Services - /people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/03/01/testing-xi-exposed-web-services

More @

various methods to Testing SOAP

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7ccd3e4e-0501-0010-95ae-afa58cb4...

danny_deroovere
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I know the blogs and indeed they work but only if you use the default interface and namespace.

However, I don't want to use the defaults because it would require (in my case) that I create a new communication channel for every type of interface in my scenarios.