cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internationalizing a Webdynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I want to internationalize my webdynpro application which will run in SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 SP11.I have followed the standard procedures of internationalizing as per documentation but what i see is that the application takes the browser locale language instead of the Portal language(which i desire).

Thus i want my application to show messages in that language which the user selects in the Portal.

Would be very grateful if u guys can provide me with any inputs on this.

Thanks,

Jitendra Chaudhari.

India.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pointers for the same is follows:-

• Internationalization is used for adapting already existing Webdynpros application

Without changing the source code so that they can be used in several multi lingual languages.

• Here we keep text strings separately from the application source code in a particular format(keys & values) so they can be processed in the standard translation mechanism.

• Here frequently used texts such as labels or titles are stored as java dictionary simple types objects.

• To do internationalization, copy the automatically generated *.xlf files and save them under the new name in the same directory.

• For eg :- file convention like <old filename>_<language key>.xlf. Ex:- For German use the language key de.

• For a particular user the locale is specified by the User management engine.

• If not the locale is handled by the browser setting(HTTP Headers)

• If not the default locale specified by the application will be returned.

• If not default locale of the Virtual Machine(VM) is returned

• This locale is passed to java.lang.ResourceBundle in the J2EE engine.

• This will load the physically existing resource bundle either from any one of the following :-

Resource bundle of WD(if exists) or resource bundle of VM (if exists) or

Resource Bundle of without language suffix(always exists) given by the developer.

Also pls go thro' the blogs which is being mentioned by RK(my colleague) which will definitely give you a better insight.

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jitendra,

Check these Blogs by one of my colegue for Internationalization

/people/perumal.kanthan/blog/2005/05/26/application-internationalization-in-sap-web-as-using-java-resource-bundle-part-i

/people/perumal.kanthan/blog/2005/05/26/application-internationalization-in-sap-webas-using-java-resource-bundlepart-ii

/people/perumal.kanthan/blog/2005/06/09/application-internationalization-in-sap-web-as-using-java-resource-bundle-part-iii

Addition this set the browser settings you the language which you want to see

Tools->Internet options->Languages->Add

Hope this info helprd you

Regards,

RK

Message was edited by: Ramakrishna Venkat

0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra:

Would you please tell me where to find standard documentations and procedures of WebDynpro?

Thanks a lot!!

Regards

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

check thse links,all about webdynpro

http://sdn.sap.com->web application server

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/pilot.sdn?page=eL_WAS.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webas/web dynpro sample applications and tutorials.htm

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

the priority of language selected by the webdynpro app is as follows:

Language indicator of user (Authenticated users),

Language preference of browser,

Language indicator of WebDynpro Application,

Language preference of system,

Language preference of JVM.

as far as i know, we dynamically cannot change the language of the webdynpro application. the most we can do is to change the language of the browser in non authenticated application or change the user profile in case of authenticated app (this might work).

regards

Piyush